Inroducing myself

Hi there! I'm Jennifer and I'm a 43 year old mother to 6 year old triplets. I can't say that this is "baby weight" anymore. I've started working out with a trainer 3 months ago and have gotten my cholesterol down several points. That's the plus side!! The down side is that I haven't lost any weight! UGH!! So I've join this nice group and hope to accomplish that goal. I look forward to your support! I certainly need it!

Replies

• kmillar1224
    kmillar1224 Posts: 91 Member
    You can totally do it!! Never let the past dictate your future - so even when you're having a bad day, put it in the past and stay focused on the end result!!!
  • rachel_w1
    rachel_w1 Posts: 1
    I'm a 43 year old female who's trying to figure out who this "fluffy old lady" in the mirror is. The first 40 years of my life I was slender and had an athletic build. Now I'm soft and squishy. :angry: I've been counting calories and making smart eating choices for a year and recently started working out. I may never be slender and athletic again but I refuse to go on being soft and squishy. :bigsmile:
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Jennifer... Hello! First of all, triplets? Holy smokes! I bet you are one tough and busy lady. I have a two year old who keeps my feet and hands super busy, I can't imagine have 3 of the same age all at once :D
    Anyway, baby weight or not it's still a bugger to get rid of. So good for you to take control of your health and hire a trainer and track you nutrition. You are certainly on the right track. I started really using MFP last Nov and through this community as well as a few other social network support groups I've found success in way's I had never imagined (20 lbs lost, 2.5 dress sizes down, and I can see some abs!). Keep working out and keep reaching out. You'll get there!

kmillar124 - Great advice. I think I'll be barrowing this to post on my FB page. It just really resonates with me today :)

rachel_w1 - I like your resolve and enthusiasm! Never settle. Keep your eyes on the prize, don't sell yourself short, make a plan, and then go for it

Ladies, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to keep each other motivated. I hope to hear from you all again soon!