Losing inches but not pounds?

Options
Hey,

I just wanted to know if anyone has been having the same difficulty. I have been working out a lot, trying to do three to six days a week for about a month and a half - however I have only lost on average, one pound. I have lost 5 - 5.5 inches on my waist however, which is nice, but I still haven't dropped a pants size yet. Is anyone else just losing inches and not pounds? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is the way I lose.....................

I lose inches and inches and inches..............then one day some pounds will be gone................

Rinse and repeat the above mentioned scenario.
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I really wish I had taken my measurements and I guess I should now. But I do notice my clothes are looser and I have gone down a size. But only one person has noticed anything although my husband and kids haven't....
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    Me too girls.
    But as long as WE are noticing things, it's all good right? Remember the scale numbers are just numbers...a tool. sizes and how we feel about ourselves is WAY more important than a number on the scale...

Cindy:heart:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've been counting my calories and working out 5 days a week for the last month. I have lost 1 pound, but only .5 inch in my hips, nothing in my waste. But my skin feels looser and I'm noticing small changes.
    Plus I sleep better, and this may be TMI, but my overactive bladder seems to be less active too.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    You're building muscle... muscle weighs more than fat... Kudos to the inches lost! Keep up the good work and you WILL see the numbers go down! I know that it can become discouraging at times, so don't make a habit of checking the scale.... Good luck :smile:
  • robie
    robie Posts: 7
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I have even gone up a pound or two on days I have exercised my buns off. I guess it is because i am building muscle. I keep a pair of these adorable pants on the wall next to my treadmill to remind me of my goal.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I've been like this for almost a year. I feel better, think Iook better, but only my hubby has commented on changes to my figure. I'm not the cleanest eater though, no matter how hard I try. I won't even step on the scale cause it makes me sad. Some days I just want to say forget it all and quit. I have gained a ton of knowledge throughout all of this but, it's hard not to get discouraged. And the body fat %? I won't even go there.:angry:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me.
    Hang in there & don't give up!
    :flowerforyou:
    Inches - pounds - whatever.
    I'll take it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You are hitting a jackpot if you don't lose weight but lose inches.
    You are losing FAT and you are keeping your muscle. That's the way to go.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You are hitting a jackpot if you don't lose weight but lose inches.
    You are losing FAT and you are keeping your muscle. That's the way to go.

Absolutely, you can't argue with the tape measure.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, keep doing whatever you're doing! That's great :smile:.

Honestly, there comes a tipping point where the pounds start to come off too. And once they do, they will melt off as long as you keep it up!
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    one of my gf's said it best....it doesnt matter what you weigh or your size, if you work out and your solid all over, nothing jiggles or moves then your going to look good! are you doing alot of exercise with weights? if so maybe try replacing it with some extra cardio...if your goal is to lose lbs....

personally, i dont care what i weigh or what size jeans i wear...i just wanna look good naked have nothing jiggle anymore lol