FairuzyAmanuzy
FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
Start Date: 8/5/11
Start weight: 292

Today: 5/22/12
Current Weight: 196.8

Goal Weight: 170
Height: 5'10

I achieved two of my goal this past weekend. Skyrocketed into Onederland after two weeks of hoping, and wishing for it, and I also bought my first pair of size 12's!!!

This is such a huge accomplishment for me because I literally DON"T REMEMBER being under 200 pounds...I know I must have been at some point in my life, but I really don't remember it. Also Size 12 is such a goal for me, because it marks the end of the PLUS size stores! I can shop anywhere now! This was a marker for being overweight for me and I'm finally starting to feel "normal" sized. I truly hate plus size stores because all the clothes look like something my grandmother would wear. Making me hate shopping. The last time I was a size 12 I was 14 years old....I was the first child so my mom always called me the guinea pig.....She didn't let me start shopping in the juniors section until I was 14 and I went right into the size 11/13's. Then before you knew it a couple months later I had to start shopping in the plus size stores....So i've never truly gotten to enjoy shopping for clothes I like in stores I like, and I am so READY to start the shopping for the first time ever.

This is a picture of me on my husbands birthday just a few days before I joined MFP and started my diet. 7/22/11. It was the pictures from that night that made me realize something BIG needed to change. I started seeing a therapist, joined MFP and dedicated myself to a YEAR of weightloss. It's been about 9.5 months now, and I'm still going strong. You can see my profile for my info on how I did it.
224522_2058133186699_1645734025_1957942_2178624_n.jpg

This is me in the dressing rooms at old navy with my SIZE 12 jeans on!!!!!
IMAG0337-1.jpg

Here is the obligatory Onederland proof pic!
IMAG0336-1.jpg

Such a great weekend of accomplishments. I feel SO good!

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i miss onderland but ill be back!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations! What an inspiring story. I'm so happy for you, good job. *happy dance*
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!!
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go! I havent been a size 12 since i was 14 as well, cant wait to get back there again!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is absolutely awesome! Keep up the good work. :D
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching some goals, you look awesome. I am teetering on the onederland and I am getting impatient :(
  • shekeishavooris
    Options
    Awesome, Congratulations. I am a 250 and my goal is to get down to a 160. Your'e my inspiration. This gives me hope. Thanks for sharing your story. =-)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing, you look great.

I own that shirt from your before pic, too, LOL..so I guess we have good taste :)

Excellent job :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congratulations!!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Looking VERY good! =)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! that's a lot to accomplish in 9.5 months! you look great
  • patsiess
    patsiess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! I'm down to my goal, and struggling to maintain, But I will do it!:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Awesome story, Amazing results!!! You're very inspiring.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! I can't wait to join you there. You should be soooo pround of yourself because that took A LOT of determination.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WOW you look absolutely incredible!!! Good Job!!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome milestone.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Getting OUT of Onederland was a huge wakeup call. For the first time in my life, I was the " fat " friend. I have a few pounds yet to get into size 12's , but I'll get there. You're doing fantastic!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!