I tell ya...

jerseyboy
jerseyboy Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got back from an hour long walk with my mom.

I teel ya, here in florida and it is kinda hot, but takin a walk feels so good!

Replies

• I just got back from an hour long walk with my mom.

I teel ya, here in florida and it is kinda hot, but takin a walk feels so good!
  • Your talking to the one that took every step with ya! Im TIRED!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Tammylee and jerseyboy -

I am SOOOO happy you two made that post- and that walk today. I am feeling unmotivated and I over-ate today for the first time since I started MyFitnessPlan 11 days ago. It all started by buying chewy granola bars - not even bad for me! I bought the lowest fat/calorie/sugar Kashi brand. But for some reason I ate them all (six!) since last night at 10PM, and I'm feeling pretty sad about it, and beating myself up.

I grew up in WPB, FL.You two walking for an hour - in August! In Florida - did me so much good! Thank you both for sharing that story. You never know who will need your help.

It's only 7Pm here. I can STILL take my walk...and I had given up. Thank you!

Cheryl
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    Dear cmriverside:

When I've eaten too much of something, I just have to accommodate that the rest of the day by eating a ton of lettuce or other vegetables and fruits that have very few calories, but are filling. That's the thing that is so good about this. You can eat whatever you want. You just have to adjust your calories the rest of the day by making very low calorie choices OR you could go to the gym or exercise enough to compensate for the additional calories and so you can have more food choices for the rest of the day.
    Don't beat yourself up--just choose different foods or more exercise to compensate. I've found this type of thinking to be very freeing. I don't have to feel guilty--I can feel empowered to take control. I'm looking forward to hearing about a victory after the next 11 days of MFP. Hang in there and think positively!
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.