Why the afternoon face stuffing?

Options
Seriously -- I know it seems slightly funny, but why every work day after noon, I want to stuff my face? It doesn't matter what. I've gotten to the point where I'm adjusting my diet so that I eat something sweet before I go home (Strawberries, Kiwi, and a Cheesecake Yogurt... healthy... but still) so that I try to keep myself from eating the fridge when I get home!

Am I stress eating? Or are other people experiencing this as well?

Replies

• missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i get like that, i dont know what it is. i eat healthy for breakfast lunch and dinner but i really struggle with snacks. i cant help it, if there i the house il eat them, which isnt easy since i have a 2 year old so she has yogurts and things, which call to me when im not doing anything!!! x
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've learned that Im a snacker and have just accepted it. The more I tried not snacking the more I indulged in my actual a meals and then still wanted to snack. So, now I basically eat all day long. My actual meals are smaller calorie wise and then I also have a mid-morning snack , mid-afternoon snack, and a snack after dinner. Perhaps, allowing yourself do that would work better for you? Just pick healthier snack options, fruit, nuts etc.

Maybe also try drinking a cup of water, you could actually be thirsty, but your body saying hey I want food! Wait 30 min. Then see if you're hungry still.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    How are your meals spaced? I suffer from the 3 oclock crash, so I head it off with a sugared up coffee at 2. Otherwise, i find I'm eating everything in sight. If I have my 2 oclock coffee instead, I''m usually good.

Often, around mid to late afternoon, we are packing food away for our nightly rest, since there is no chance of finding food while you're sleeping.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It's because you're tired. If you have coffee and/or sugar in the morning, you're probably crashing from that a bit. I've found that it helps if I have protein for breakfast, and when that slump hits, have a hard-boiled egg or some other protein snack. It keeps me satisfied and helps me feel better than the sweets I'm craving.
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I eat little bits all day and a light dinner. I'll have a smoothie for breakfast, snack on instant oatmeal, apples, nuts, dried fruit, boiled eggs etc all day. I also have craving attacks when I get home from work so I save some snacking calories for home. Its been working out ok for me to just eat little bits all the time. It keeps my blood sugar at an even level and so I don't have irrisitable urges to eat junk food (I still eat JF every once in a while, but try to mostly eat healthy)
  • Lifesauthour
    Lifesauthour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's funny -- because I'm eating around 7 am (breakfast), 9 am, 11 am (lunch), 1 (pm), 3 (pm) -- so I"m eating about every two hours. But like yesterday, I noticed between 1 - 3... I wanted to eat anything I could get my hands on. I managed to keep it healthy, thank god... but it's still hard.

Maybe switching up what I'm eating when might help, more protein or something around noon/1 to try to avoid it. Or maybe I should use a meal replacement shake at lunch (because I really like them) to try to combat it? It's a struggle. I have to lose 90 lbs total... I'm off to a rough start.