boob jobs

Options
almarsala
almarsala Posts: 168 Member
I started out at 267.2 pounds, and I've lost a little over 100 so far. I plan on losing another 45-55, and my boobs are already just wrecked. Has anyone gotten a breast augmentation or lift? I would really like some insight on how people feel before and after. Also if anyone has any advice on finding a doctor, etc, please let me know!

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have fake boobs. I'm not ashamed lol. And I won't lie either. Recovery was misery. It hurt so bad for like the first 3 days, even with the pain meds. But you know, it was well worth it. I get compliments on my boobs all the time lol and noone ever guesses they are not real.

I didn't research for a doctor. I went through a company called Be Your Best and they financed me with one of their doctors.

I say if you have the $$, go for it. You only live once.
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have fake boobs. I'm not ashamed lol. And I won't lie either. Recovery was misery. It hurt so bad for like the first 3 days, even with the pain meds. But you know, it was well worth it. I get compliments on my boobs all the time lol and noone ever guesses they are not real.

I didn't research for a doctor. I went through a company called Be Your Best and they financed me with one of their doctors.

I say if you have the $$, go for it. You only live once.

I'll definitely be looking into that. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? And how long did it take to fully recover?
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    So...I am basically going to get flamed for this, but I just want to throw it out there.....

I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

If this isn't a concern for you, then have fun!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    So...I am basically going to get flamed for this, but I just want to throw it out there.....

I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

Not flame worthy, good thing to consider for younger woman actually. Thanks.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Had a lift and implants last year
    I was a full B all my lifr after 2 kids back to back and b/f and pumping boobs completely deflated
    Got 350 unders silicone and am a full C now....perky C :)
    Am happiness with the fullness...implants dont bother me...but lift caused some issues

PM if u have any questions
    good luck
    Kim
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Not trying to flame you, but I would like to point out that women without augmentation, still often have a difficult time breast feeding.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

Not trying to flame you, but I would like to point out that women without augmentation, still often have a difficult time breast feeding.

Yes, women who have not had augmentation/ other surgeries/ trauma to the breast often have problems with breastfeeding. However, except for a few women with IGT, most of those problems are due to misinformation about the lactation process and can usually be addressed and fixed.
    If a women comes to me with problems after a surgery, it is often impossible to induce lactation because of the nerve damage and damage to the ducts that haven't repaired themselves after the surgery. I hate seeing the look of heartbreak on these women's faces due to a decision they made years before.

For me, breastfeeding my children was a wonderful and worthwhile experience. If I had gotten breast surgery thinking I could lactate and then couldn't, I would have been very disappointed. I was just trying to point out that, while the surgeons say you can breastfeed after the surgery, many women can and many can not.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have implants! I was an A cup and now I'm a C cup. I got mine in October of last year. The recovery was very painful, I had to take off work for 3 weeks :/, but I think I'm the exception. I actually found MFP through another forum called Just Breast Implants. They have a very active forum that helps to answer all your questions before surgery! I wish you Good Luck!!! :drinker:
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    I did not have augmentation, and STILL had a very hard time breast feeding.

As to the original question, I think I would get augmentation as long as it looked fairly natural. Not like some women I have seen where you see there boobs a mile before you see them, and it's obvious they are fake.

Depending on how mine look when I have hit goal weight, I might just start saving up some money!
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I want a lift when I lose the last 20-30 lbs...the girls already have gravity taking effect. Even though I have lost 40lbs, they are still DD's...I thought they would go down a little...by the time I am done, they will probably be a D.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    I LOVE EM
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This has been good info for me...I too thinking about having a lift and tuck here and there.....thank you....

16544443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    best decision I ever made was a lift with implants. I love my results, but I did stress for years about doing it. I am so glad I did and so greatful I had a good dr.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got implants about 2 months ago. I started out as a small 34B and went with 425cc silicone under the muscle and now measure 34DD (sounds WAY bigger than they actually appear). Definitely do your research and find a reputable surgeon. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy, by all means do it!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    bump, interested in answers as I've thought about this also.

Also where is a good place to research prices since that would really be the only deciding factor for me.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have considered this for years.... I am actually hoping to get a lift and implant later this year!! Good info, thanks!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Well I haven't lost much weight yet..but when I do lose weight I would love a breast lift and MAYBE some implants -- I am already a D cup so I'm not sure if implants are necessary... :) Like the other girl said, go for it if it makes you happy
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm definitely planning on getting a lift after weight loss. I don't think I'm going for an implant though...I don't care about the size as long as they're perky!

I don't have much info for you though...I'd say try some forums specific to plastic surgery, they'd probably be of more help than these ones.