struggling to lose weight!

Options
I had 1028 calories yesturday and I even worked out and gained weight when I got on the scale! WHAT AM I DOINg WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? please helppppp

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    1. You are not eating enough
    2. Wait a week in between weighing yourself
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hi- I just read your 3 posts and have some suggestions/questions:

Did you input your goals, weight, age etc under your settings?
    This will give you some direction on nutrition and exercise.

How much water are you drinking?
    Everyone needs a minimum of 8-10 (8 oz) glasses. Then increase this to 10-12-14 glasses per day.

I agree with Brandicalorie:
    Your body needs more calories, try 1250-1350 a day. Breakdown foods into 40% Protein/ 35%-30% Carb/ 25%-30% Fat.
    You are burning muscle and not fat. You are exercising (moving) so you need to fuel up just like a car.

Wait 1 week before you weigh in again, 1x week at same day and same time will help you with this topic.

Hang in there:wink:
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi- I just read your 3 posts and have some suggestions/questions:

Did you input your goals, weight, age etc under your settings?
    This will give you some direction on nutrition and exercise.

How much water are you drinking?
    Everyone needs a minimum of 8-10 (8 oz) glasses. Then increase this to 10-12-14 glasses per day.

I agree with Brandicalorie:
    Your body needs more calories, try 1250-1350 a day. Breakdown foods into 40% Protein/ 35%-30% Carb/ 25%-30% Fat.
    You are burning muscle and not fat. You are exercising (moving) so you need to fuel up just like a car.

Wait 1 week before you weigh in again, 1x week at same day and same time will help you with this topic.

Hang in there:wink:

I could not have said this any better!!!!!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your diary looks like so I can't give any specifics.

How is your sodium intake? Your water intake? It could be water weight if sodium is up and water intake is low.

Are you netting 1028 calories or are you eating that and then exercising? Regardless, I don't think you are eating enough. My weightloss came to a stop and so I tried upping my calories. I NET between 1,300 and 1,600 based on my MR and TDEE, I could probably stand to go even a little higher.

There could be a lot of variables here. If you open your diary, you might get better answers for you personally. Just a thought, I know it is hard.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are doing any form of strength training you could be building muscle AND your muscles hang on to excess water to help repair. This is temporary!
  • dalessi123
    dalessi123 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yup, agree, agree, agree with all of this! I just recently started upping my calorie in take and VOILA! The weight is coming off easier than ever. Funny how that works, huh? :)