Wisdom Teeth

Options
I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any healthy suggestions as to what to eat after the procedure. I was thinking yogurt, smoothies, and cottage cheese. Does anyone have any more innovative ideas?

Replies

• qtkt1
    qtkt1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    soup
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I ate jello too. About 5 days after I was eating soft breadsticks, but it took me a long time to eat them.

At first I think they say liquids and then soft foods. It might take a week to get back to normal foods.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track. I spent almost 10 years in dental, so I know you will need to follow a soft diet for at least 24 hours. Depending on how the Dentist removes them, you may feel perfectly fine and able to chew within a few hours.
    Yogurt, Smoothies (NO STRAW!!), scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, soups....I would be creative with the soups. Hopefully they will come out smoothly and you won't have to worry about it for long. Good luck!
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hope it goes well! I need to get mine out too and keep putting it off! Good luck
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track. I spent almost 10 years in dental, so I know you will need to follow a soft diet for at least 24 hours. Depending on how the Dentist removes them, you may feel perfectly fine and able to chew within a few hours.
    Yogurt, Smoothies (NO STRAW!!), scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, soups....I would be creative with the soups. Hopefully they will come out smoothly and you won't have to worry about it for long. Good luck!

Agreed.

Make sure you do a real good job of cleaning them and try not to do any physcial activity because that could cause the blood clots not to form and you need them to form.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When I had mine out they told me a "liquid diet" which meant things no more solid than mac and cheese. Since that's believed to be the devil around here, yogurt, cottage cheese and soups without a lot of stuff in them will probably be your best bet.

And don't listen to the horror stories about getting them out. My mom is the only person that said I looked swollen after the first day and I was back working at the theatre the day after the surgery. Maybe I'm weird, but I have a hard time thinking that it's as bad as everyone says with my experience.