2nd day on mfp oh why did't I check this out sooner!!!

Options
I was referred to this program by a friend who uses it. I have been through the whole lap band nightmare. I still have it, it is completely useless at this point. Just waiting for the right time to have it removed. This is amazing. I cannot believe how
easy this is!! I know it is only day 2 but wow, I already love it! I would appreciate some feedback and will take any suggestions!
I have a lot to lose, but at this point......what do I have to lose except the weight!!

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Carrie! I think you will really enjoy using this site to track your food & exercise. :)
  • Linnya1
    Linnya1 Posts: 5
    Options
    :smile: Sorry to hear that you were not able to loose even after having a lap band put in. I did think that MPP>com is much healthier over the long run. I have been on this since the middle of April and have lost 10 pounds so far. I was told about this program by a dietian that my MD sent me to. Seems pretty easy so far.:smile:
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    scheduled for gastric sleeve soon. I'd like to know about your experience with the band!
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    This is an amazing site! I love all the supportive friends I have found! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have only recently arrived here, and its brillaint, I wish I had found this place sooner too
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week and I love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I really truly feel like I can do this. My initial goal is to lose 50lbs. I will be 45yrs old in August and I hope to reach half way point by then. Don't want to overreach but I have read so many success stories of people who have accomplished so much. I actually think I can do it!

Welcome aboard! (the nerve of me welcoming you...I am a newbie too...LOL)
  • cowgirlfromhanna
    Options
    Sorry to hear your lap band didn't work out for you---I had a gastric bypass almost 8 years ago and have kept the weight off very well....this tool makes it sooooooo much easier to monitor myself!! GOOD LUCK!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've been here about 30 days and I love it. So glad my sister found this site, it had made me so much more aware of what I am putting into my body. So, welcome and feel free to send me a friend request. :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me. i enjoy encourage others and helping when i can. ive been on faithfully since december 28th, 2010 and thankfully i was bored on my phone and found this app. thankfully. this site is addicting and the people are awesome. good luck.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I've been using mfp for 91 days- I LOVE it! It makes things so easy and the support on here is outta this world! Feel free to add me if you'd like- anyone for that matter. Best of luck on your journey! You'll meet some amazing people through this site that will inspire you!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    MFP was the best thing that ever happened to me it will help u out so much!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have found this site to be very educational as well as motivational. Good luck with the (in my personal opinion) insane measures removal.

I am not trying to be offensive with that remark, I just think a more natural way is healthier.
  • cowgirlfromhanna
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery! I had rny bypass about 8 years ago...best thing I ever did for myself!
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! some said it in the thread...it is addicting!! And what a good thing...the people on this site are amazing and all have wisdom to share.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on this site since this January and I am completely addicted to this site! I love my results and feel healthier and more able physically.
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....I love reading the success stories for motivation......you'll love it here! :)
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find supportive friends, tips, recipes at your finger tips. Find friends by going to community, groups, hit search enter for all the groups available. Anything from types of plans people are following, to challenges to keep you motivated,recipe swaps, you can search by state for supporters close to home. Create your own if you don't find one that interest you. Check out recent posts for topics that might interest you. Have fun & good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

Look around, educate yourself ..... and let me recommend a forum to you ... lots of great info and I"m a huge advocate. Eat More To Weigh Less. It works - I'm a believer ! Is hard for some folks to wrap their mind around - but we need to fuel our bodies to lose weight.

Jen
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN

Active member of the forum group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. Check it out ! Educate yourselves!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less