Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any reason why...?

Any reason why I dropped 10 pounds really fast and now I've plateaued although I eat the same? It's frustrating me. I just don't get it. I hate not seeing results right away anyways... but the fact that I dropped 10 pounds and now don't lose any confuses and frustrates me. Any ideas why this happened?

Replies

• Water weight
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    You should change your workout routine up every few weeks. They say your body gets used to it.
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Fluid for sure!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Pee more.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Probably because you're not eating near enough. When you eat that little you lose weight fast, then you pretty much stop losing because your body tries to hold onto everything. If you keep eating this little you'll eventually lose more, but you'll also probably start to develop an eating disorder. Try eating at least 1,200 plus your exercise calories. You'll still lose (probably not as fast), but it will be healthy and much more constant and regular.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    It can be frustrating yes. I plateaued after my first 25 pounds and only recently got very serious about all aspects of this weight loss thing. Diet, exercise, sleep. It's coming off again, but I had to honestly address my absolute love of eating cereal at night for one thing. :)

Keep at it! Find ways to tweak your game and it'll happen.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    10 pounds since April is good! The first 10 came off quickly for me, then it slowed. It will come off though, just keep going.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Are you on any strict diet regimen? I know on Atkins, sometimes you need to zig-zag with carbs to get your body to burn fat again. Or, you might not be eating enough calories so your body doesn't want to burn anymore?
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet Awesome tool. Even if you think you're gaining or plateauing, it shows you the trend of your weight loss. it's great!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Looking at your diary, you probably lost 10 pounds fast from under eating and now your body may be storing fat. Eat more, trust me, you will lose more effectively and keep it off!