No proana's PLEASE. Everyone else, add me :)

Options
For some reason, I ended up with mostly pro-anorexia girls on my MFP. I need friends who are positive, motivated, and want to lose weight the healthy way! I offer motivation and encouragement and I would like the same in return. Plus, I love to cook and come from the South...land of the fried foods. So I've taken it upon myself to re-invent my favorite soul food recipes to make them healthier, and I'm always happy to swap recipes! :)

Replies

• jwatts1202
    jwatts1202 Posts: 26
    Options
    im from Georgia..I know all about the fried foods!! and butter! LOL
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Oooh I'm friending you right now because I absolutely love Southern comfort foods and would love to see your healthy twist!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    How did you even get any friends if this is your first post?
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.... butter. It's hard to explain the love to my friends here in Los Angeles...
  • OMG_Twinkies
    Options
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge of reinventing some home cooking. I'll send you a request!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the south too and it's so hard but I love finding healthier versions of the foods my fiance and kids are used to eating. Half the time I can just cut the amount of butter or oil in half and not even notice a difference. It makes me wonder why it was even in there to begin with! I'll send you a request :)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe I will do a blog with original recipes converted healthier? If I can figure it out. I'm super new to MFP...
    Downside is, I don't measure, so when people ask me for a recipe it's always "add this til it tastes good, a pinch of this, a few shakes of this".... I will try tho :)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    Options
    @ Cmriverside I started with one friend and others added me.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I like southern food and I'm anti-anorexia. Feel free to invite me.
  • miracleharper
    Options
    Bama girl here ! I so understand the love of southern cooking! Fried . smothered,butter or covered is our motto! Lol unfortunatly its what has landed me here. but i am so ready to get on a health track. Add me. ps been having a hard time letting the sweet tea go lol just cant mess with a southern gals sweet tea.
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm from Georgia and now live in Tennessee, so I totally understand where you are coming from. But I can tell you now that I'm definitely not proana, so feel free to add me. I just want to lose weight and be healthy. :)
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Luv to cook and always trying to make recipes healthier. I am not from the south but being Mexican I sure know that fried foods taste so much better but I have to admit southern cooking takes the cake. I have learned to bake my tacos instead of frying...let just say baked tacos are good but tacos fried brings me back to my mother/grandmother/great-grandmothers kitchens and how incredibly good a fried taco taste. Feel free to add me...would luv to exchange recipes.