Prevention Magazine....

FINALLY4ME
FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
is awesome.....:smooched:

especially if you're a chick and 40 or over.....actually any age....:flowerforyou:

I read it and get soo motivated......does anyone else like it/read it....:huh:

only one draw back if they are promoting something like the bellyfat diet....it gets a bit old...but for the most part me likey!:drinker:

hugs!:wink:

Replies

• nickiebb
    nickiebb Posts: 57 Member
    Hi, I love Prevention Magazine too. I've had a subscription to it for several years now. It gives really great exercise/weight training tips and has great recipes. Some of my favorite recipes are from Prevention. I also really like all the health and beauty tips. Yes, I really like this magazine too! :flowerforyou:

Nickie

Oh yeah, the promoting of the flatbelly diet gets old, but everything else is really great!

216974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FINALLY4ME
    Hi, I love Prevention Magazine too. I've had a subscription to it for several years now. It gives really great exercise/weight training tips and has great recipes. Some of my favorite recipes are from Prevention. I also really like all the health and beauty tips. Yes, I really like this magazine too! :flowerforyou:

Nickie

Oh yeah, the promoting of the flatbelly diet gets old, but everything else is really great!

216974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

oh me too love all the tips.....

today I was in such a rush to get to work...I forgot to bring my breakie on the train:grumble:

but then I was reading about how roughly 400 cals a meal is great for your metabolism....and gave these examples for each meal....then it mentioned if you're out....a dunkin' donut iced latte w/ skim milk and an egg/cheese on an english muffin would be approx 400 and a good solution.....and ya know...it was!:tongue::drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I don't believe in what Prevention magazine has to say. They promote too much in the way of medications that the Big Pharma are paying for and it sickens me.

If people ditched the processed stuff and go back to eating the way they did prior to the 1950's when tv dinners and fast food were introduced, we wouldn't have half the health problems or the obesity rate that we as Americans have today.................

I am getting so far away from main stream medicine and practices, that I am becoming a different person, inside and out...............

I will only go to a mainstream doctor to get a check up so they can order my blood work, the remainder of the time, I go to a Natural Med Apothecary for supplements and to a naturopathic doctor.

Taking a pill for high blood pressure and diabetes is not necessary with eating right and exercising, those conditions can be reversed, Prevention magazine promotes too many of those medications for maintenance, which should not be what a magazine that calls themselves "Prevention" should be about.

My 2 cents.
  • FINALLY4ME
    I don't believe in what Prevention magazine has to say. They promote too much in the way of medications that the Big Pharma are paying for and it sickens me.

If people ditched the processed stuff and go back to eating the way they did prior to the 1950's when tv dinners and fast food were introduced, we wouldn't have half the health problems or the obesity rate that we as Americans have today.................

I am getting so far away from main stream medicine and practices, that I am becoming a different person, inside and out...............

I will only go to a mainstream doctor to get a check up so they can order my blood work, the remainder of the time, I go to a Natural Med Apothecary for supplements and to a naturopathic doctor.

Taking a pill for high blood pressure and diabetes is not necessary with eating right and exercising, those conditions can be reversed, Prevention magazine promotes too many of those medications for maintenance, which should not be what a magazine that calls themselves "Prevention" should be about.

My 2 cents.

I hear you, I'm not a big fan of prescription anything.....I prefer to go natural route, especially w/ my experience w/ having a child w/ autism....I've learned quite a lot about chemicals and what it can do to the body lets just say....

but I think if you bypass the adds, which are in every magazine you read:grumble: the articles about health and exercise and diets are pretty good.....

good luck w/ your journey...sounds like you are doing amazing!:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.