I'm confused..

Options
dowens73
dowens73 Posts: 4 Member
I began MFP at 362 and have lost 30 lbs. in a couple of months...here is where the confusion comes in. At 332 I should eat about 2100 cals./day but I have only been eating 13-1400/day on average. I typically exercise 4 days a week burning 3-400 cals./day. Of course i've read that not eating enough can cause the body to go into starvation mode but I have also read that someone who weighs as much as I do has enough fat stores to keep starvation mode at bay at least till I get down to a more managable size. My concern is time... I need to have a heart transplant and of course I cannot even be put onto a waiting list until I lose A LOT of weight, my cardiologist told me "I need you to starve"...... What to do, what to do?

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry that you're going through this, I sincerely hope you can get your transplant soon. I've never heard of a Dr telling a patient to starve. I am no help on this subject, I'm sorry.
    (Congrats on losing 30 lbs. Keep up the good work!)
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hmm. How about seeing a nutritionist to help you prepare for your surgery?
  • ajasmann
    ajasmann Posts: 4
    Options
    Dr. Oz did a show about Green Coffee Bean extract. I have been using the Genesis brand from Iherb.com and lost 4.4 lbs in a week. USE CODE QOZ115 TO GET $5.00OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!! Make sure if you order on IHERB.com you get the genesis brand, it is the only PURE one they have. Here is the link http://www.iherb.com/​Genesis-Today-100-Pure-Gree​n-Coffee-Bean-Extract-400-​mg-60-Veggie-Caps/43417 also, when I ordered my Iherb bottles I received it 2 business days later & got free shipping for spending over $20.00. Here is what they say about how it works. Introducing Green Coffee Bean! The Superbean that helps support weight control!
    April 24, 2012
    What has the media and the scientific community so excited about Green Coffee Bean Extract is that people don’t have to do anything different when taking this food supplement, they don’t need to exercise, they don’t need to diet, they just appear to drop pounds!

The most recent study on Green Coffee Bean published in the Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity journal followed a group of 16 adults who supplemented with Green Coffee Extract for 12 weeks. Over the course of the study, the subjects lost an average of 17 pounds each - this was 10 percent of their overall body weight and 16 percent of their overall body fat!

So, let’s dig into Green Coffee Bean, starting with the question, “how does Green Coffee Bean work to support weight control?” Believe it or not, the key is not the caffeine. It is a very important natural active compound called Chlorogenic Acid. Chlorogenic Acid works by inhibiting the release of glucose in the body while at the same time boosting the metabolism or the “burning” of fat in the liver. These two mechanisms combined work together to inhibit the absorption of fat and eliminate weight gain.

You might wonder if you can get the same effects from the coffee you drink with breakfast in the morning – and the answer is no. When you roast coffee beans to give them that distinct color, aroma and flavor, you are also removing the Chlorogenic Acid, which is the key to healthy weight loss. Green Coffee Beans, in contrast, are unroasted, have little aroma, are bitter, and contain over 50% Chlorogenic Acid. Roasting Coffee Beans destroys the Cholorgenic Acid, which is the key component to supporting weight management. Remember, as I’ve always said, “bitter is better”.

The Green Coffee Bean supplement that you take daily only has about 23 mgs of caffeine per serving whereas your daily cup of coffee has over 100 mg, and your “venti drip” has as much as 400 mgs! So, needless to say, Green Coffee Bean is not a stimulant, it doesn’t make you jittery and nervous and raise your heart rate like roasted coffee or ephedra. In fact, the Green Coffee Bean has actually shown in some studies to lower blood pressure – while still boosting metabolism!

How many should I take per day?

To achieve the best results, you should take a minimum of 800 mg at least 30 minutes before each meal at least two times per day. Because Green Coffee is a food and no harmful side effects were reported in the study, we suggest taking 2 capsules before every meal!

Where can I buy Green Coffee Bean Capsules?

You can find Genesis Today’s pure Green Coffee Bean capsules at select health foods stores, check out our store locator to find a location near you!

Why capsules instead of the extract?

Unless you want to grind up the green coffee beans and eat them (which takes a very, very resilient palate), capsules provide a premeasured, handy serving that you can keep in your purse, keep in your pocket – and keep in your carryon luggage!

What other Benefits Does Green Coffee Bean Provide?

Overall Health - Many polyphenols function as antioxidants. Chlorogenic Acid is a polyphenol that has been shown to neutralize several classes of carcinogenic compounds before they can cause cancer.

Cardiovascular Health - High homocysteine concentrations in blood is a risk indicator for cardiovascular disease. Chlorogenic Acid has been shown to aid in the decrease of total plasma homocysteine levels in those who ingested Chlorogenic Acid during clinical trials.

Chlorogenic Acid has also shown positive results for treating hypertension. By neutralizing free radicals and regenerating vitamin E, Green Coffee Beans have been shown to inhibit lipid and LDL degradation, thereby promoting optimal cardiovascular health.

Blood pressure (both systolic and diastolic) has also shown to decrease significantly during clinical studies of Chlorogenic Acid ingestion. During clinical trials, there was no difference in body mass index and pulse rate between test groups, nor were any apparent side effects detected. It also inhibits oxidation of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or bad cholesterol that can damage the arteries and accelerate atherosclerosis. Limiting this process is thought to help prevent cardiovascular disease.

Healthy Blood Sugar Levels - Chlorogenic Acid has been touted as supporting healthy blood sugar levels. A number of population studies identified Chlorogenic Acid users as being substantially less likely to get Type 2 diabetes. Further research has suggested the reason for this as being the effects of the Chlorogenic Acid on glucose metabolism. Glucose is stored in the liver in a polysaccharide called glycogen, which is a long, branched chain of insoluble glucose molecules. In a process known as glycogenolysis, the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase releases free glucose into the bloodstream, where it circulates to various organs. If glycogenolysis is inhibited, the body gets its energy from fat cells. This reduces blood glucose levels, helping to reduce the symptoms. Also, reducing the number of fat stores leads to weight loss.

The combined benefits of weight loss, cardiovascular health, healthy blood sugar levels and overall disease prevention due to the high levels of antioxidants in Green Coffee Beans all work synergistically to support a healthier, happier and more vibrant you!