List your favorites from Aldi here!

Options
Last week, I went to Aldi for the first time. WOW! I loved it and I definitely plan to shop here more often! I'm on a pretty tight grocery budget and I was surprised by how low their prices were. My grocery bill was $25 for the week (just for me).

For those that shop here as well, what are you favorite items? I don't want to miss out on anything :laugh:

Replies

• josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's easier to list the things I do not like from Aldi's. I don't care for their cheese or their mac n cheese. Everything else I've had is just as good, and a lot of times, better than other stores/brands. Just recently tried greek yogurt. I went to walmart to get cheese and grabbed a few flavors to try. Then I went to Aldi's and grabbed the two flavors they had. I have now tried one from both and the Aldi's brand is much better than the Chobani or whatever brand from Walmart.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    They have the best tuna. I also like their spaghetti sauce, yum.
  • roni87
    roni87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i love aldis rice cakes, fruit crisp bars, salad dressings, sparkling waters, and baked potato chips
  • 10goal13
    10goal13 Posts: 54
    Options
    Not sure if your products are the same as here in the UK but i LOVE aldi's basted chicken roast (£2.99) and i love their deli chicken too, and their fruit n veg is cheap.
  • dnoble703
    dnoble703 Posts: 6
    Options
    Speghetti Sauce is better than any other I have had. I buy their produce a lot because it is so much cheaper, but fruits and veggies are fruits and veggies no matter where you buy them from. I love buying the frozen veggies too because no matter what brand you pic, all canned veggies and well canned anything has way too much sodium. Milk is cheaper, and lasts longer too.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We buy everything from Aldi! The frozen chicken breasts are good! We buy the pork chops and grill them and they are also good! We buy the bacon wrapped little filet mignon and they are wonderful! We buy the whole wheat bread, peanut butter, skim milk, greek yogurt fage 0%, eggs, cheese, low fat mozerella cheesesticks(Fit and Active brand), hummus, bagged lettuce, lunch meat, all their fruit and produce is excellent, my husband loves their ice cream Fudge Swirl (I try to avoid this), they have 100 calorie Fudge bars Fit and Active brand that is good, we get plain almonds there, mixed nuts, etc. I buy their butter salted and unsalted. Also their tuna in packets of water are excellent. The spaghetti sauce is good like chunky marinara or something like that. Their little whole wheat bagels are good. Cream cheese is good. I could go on and on but we shop here every week and than 1 time a month I go to Walmart for whatever else we need! Good luck to you!
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Aldi's but in the flyers, the fruit and veggies always seem so cheap. Can anyone please weigh in on the quality of the produce? Thanks!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Choceur Dark Chocolate bars...yummmmmm
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    Their fruits and veggies!!!! I'm a little more particular about dairy, fish and eggs so I shop somewhere else for that but Aldi is wonderful for fruit and veggies!
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi's:
    Chocolate Almond Milk
    Vanilla Soy Milk
    Fit & Active items like dried fruit, nuts, salad dressings, etc.
    Frozen Stir Fry
    Frozen Salmon, Tilapia

Their produce quality has gone way up in the past year or so. $1.99 for 3 romaine hearts vs. $2.99 at the grocery - can't beat that!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    big tub of vanilla yogurt (fit and active)
    Millville Fiber Now Cereal
    All condiments (there Bremer's hot sauce is good too) plus Fit and Active Light Ranch and Light Italian Dressing
    Milk and Eggs (milk is only 1.99 for 2 gallon jug)
    Shredded Cheddar and Mozzerla
    Tortilla (they are only 79 cents here)
    Pasta sauce and noodles
    All my breads
    Pretty much all my produce (right now I got eggplant and strawberries and baby carrots for 99 cents)
    Shrimp lo mein skillet meal or Chicken lo mein meal (3.99)
    Bremmer Turkey Meatballs (in the frozen food section) best with barbeque sauce)
    Fudge Bars
    Tomato Basil Soup
    I could add more. I go every week. :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    LOVE their Greek yogurt; mini-cucumbers, blackberries, and their bagged mini-sweet peppers, all of which are much cheaper there than most other places; most of their canned veggies (dislike their canned tomatoes except for fire-roasted tomatoes which are great!); most of their Fit & Active products although I found out that I can't eat some of them like the crackers, etc. due to the complex carbs :(. The F & A products are so much like the Special K brand products but at a fraction of the cost. Also love their beef jerky.

My husband and I are teachers and provide daily snacks for our students. We get them all from Aldi's b/c they are so affordable!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have only started going there a little over a month ago. The only thing I have found that I don't like is the greek yogurt, but it was the first time I had ever tried greek yogurt and it may be that I just don't like it, especially since another poster has said that it tasted better than the brand name. But I am definitely an Aldi's fan, I wish I had tried it a lot sooner. =)
  • tutu61
    tutu61 Posts: 3
    Options
    Fit N Active Protein bars are delicious for a quick meal on the go. Similar to Special K bars, but cheaper! I was also buying Power Bars on sale for $1 each, but I can get these at 6 bars for $3.99.
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The fresh produce at Aldi Australia is always good, fresh and well priced. We love that most of their foodstuff is produced locally.

Also check out Aldi for their (Crofton) cooking stuff which are great quality and much cheaper than other brands. We have a couple of their tagines, bought a paella pan for $5 recently and their caste iron pots are wonderful.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi. Weekly items for us include coffee creamer, salad dressings, produce (fresh & frozen), frozen salmon & chicken, string cheese, egg substitute, lots of the fit & active line and I'm sure there's more. Love Aldi though-so cheap and no difference in quality that we notice.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The produce at Aldi are often good deals. Picked up some kiwis there just a few days ago.
    As far as the processed foods go, it's usually hit or miss. They use high fructose corn syrup in a lot of products, even the popular "Fit and Active" brand. However, I do like their imported chocolates.. made with real ingredients, but of course, it's important to only enjoy a small amount in moderation :)
    They do carry steel cut oats, which are great. I've heard their dairy products are pretty good too- the milk and cheeses, at least. Their string cheeses are good for snacks. They also carry some non-store brands like Fage greek yogurt and Nature's Path granola at the ones near me, for cheaper than other locations.
    My mom picked up some pita chips (Clancy's brand) last time she was there. I believe it was the garlic & Parmesan flavor, and I must admit they tasted pretty good. The ingredient list wasn't so threatening, either xD
    Oh, and I also enjoy their Priano pizzelle cookies. They're quite low-calorie and good for when you just want to munch on something.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I haven't found much i don't like from them. However, the ones in my area are kind of "ify" when it come to their produce. Always great prices, but not always the best looking. But I love pretty much everything else I've tried there! I also love how quick they are and I like that the cashiers can sit (I was a cashier for 7 years and man did my back hurt from having to stand for the entire shift!).
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Clancy Multigrain Tortilla Chips
    Fit & Active Yogurt Raisins (noms!)
    Salad Mix
    Grandesssa Spaghetti Sauces
    Tuna
    Frozen shrimp, perch, salmon

I find the produce to be iffy as well, and the bread goes bad fast.

And they haven't had it in a while, but they used to make an Thai Yellow Curry rice mix. I stockpiled it (throw a bag of the shrimp in, VOILA! Dinner) but I finally ran out and they haven't had it since. *cries*
  • bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    I have never shopped at one because I was told the food they sell is about to expire or has expired already, is that true?