• jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump. sounds interesting
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The ones I take are:
    HTP5 for better mood and better recovery from lifting.
    Vit B Complex – for my nerves and better hair and nails, and to have more energy.
    Chromium – To level my blood sugars so I don’t crash and hopefully don’t feel so tired and hungry.
    Omega 3 – For my brain and nerves, my hair and nails and to help promote fat burning.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    How about that the most significant effect of only some of these is a few % increase in BMR (50-100kcal or so), which can be enough to put someone in a deficit but still isnt enough to overcome overeating.

I only stick to caffeine, green tea extract, and fish oil. Ephedrine would be a last resort/very limited use kind of thing.
    As far as ECA stacks, people please realize that Aspirin contributes NOTHING and will can cause cardiovascular problems if taken for more than 7 days just like any other NSAIDs. I wouldn't dabble with any of these unless already very lean

Clenbuterol (illegal) is more of a bodycomposition enhancer, increasing LBM
    DNP works by raising your body temperature, increasing BMR. In general, raising body T will increase BMR and there are many natural ways of achieving this. Most people's body T isn't 98.6' (body T decreases with age) even raising 0.5-1 degree can have a huge impact

OP, if you are really interested, check out alpha-yohimbine or rauwloscine (sp?). It's got some credibility being an alpha 2antagonist (promotes Norepinephrine release) it's supposedly more selective than yohimbine, having less side effects. PM me if you want the effective dose

Pretty much any drug that inhibits norepinephrine uptake or promotes norepinephrine release has "fat burner" potential.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    How about that the most significant effect of only some of these is a few % increase in BMR (50-100kcal or so), which can be enough to put someone in a deficit but still isnt enough to overcome overeating.

I only stick to caffeine, green tea extract, and fish oil. Ephedrine would be a last resort/very limited use kind of thing.
    As far as ECA stacks, people please realize that Aspirin contributes NOTHING and will can cause cardiovascular problems if taken for more than 7 days just like any other NSAIDs. I wouldn't dabble with any of these unless already very lean

Clenbuterol (illegal) is more of a bodycomposition enhancer, increasing LBM

OP, if you are really interested, check out alpha-yohimbine or rauwloscine (sp?). It's got some credibility being an alpha 2amtagonist, it's supposedly more selective than yohimbine, having less side effects. PM me if you want the effective dose

Those are the two I have at home (alpha burn from scitec and alphaburn, by genomix)
    what are your feedbacks on those ? I never had any issues with both - I take 2 caps per day, (0,8mg of product per cap as far as I recall) :-)
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Any opinion on Crenulin-RCC? I've been taking this for about three weeks.
  • V1sual
    V1sual Posts: 3
    Options
    Has anyone used an ECA (or EC) supplement before? Just doing some research and wondering which were the most effective. Personal experiences please
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used an ECA (or EC) supplement before? Just doing some research and wondering which were the most effective. Personal experiences please

Unless you have exp. in other Fat Burners or Themo's... I wouldn't suggest starting with an ECA. Try a couple from Walgrens or Wal-Mart first.

I've been using Pryoburn with good results.

http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1953
  • tyroneadams
    tyroneadams Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the informative post. I have been using chromium picolinate which, along with a better diet, seems to be helping with my sugar cravings and fish oils
  • VMarkV
    Options
    I feel like reviewing my CNS notes from reading this post
    Drugs abused for weight loss and all is always an interesting topic
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump for a later read :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I used to be a supplement junkie back in the day. I competed (and still am) as a natural so I looked at every avenue. IMO, the REAL only supplements that made superb impacts were the prohormones. Almost all have been banned now.
    While there are some supplements out there that are worthy of consideration, the majority only contribute to about 1% of your total overall body change. So if you lost 100lbs, then about 1lb of that was due to supplementation. That's A LOT to spend on for little results.
    Not trying to disparage against them, but the reality is that people are still looking for that magic combination to speed up their progress.
    IMO, most supplements out there are of minimal help (if at all) but ones with SOLID scientific clinical tests and reviews like whey protein and creatine could definitely help.
    Just saying before spending the money on a supplement, get a full review on it and some actual peer reviewed study of it's effects. Otherwise you could be just spending money on a "filler".

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • VMarkV
    Options
    Just another supplement scam: do not ever buy HMB, use l-leucine instead since it is much cheaper and its metabolite happens to be HMB. (There is pretty much no point in BCAA supplementation unless for some reason you starve yourself of protein, commonly seen in wrestlers attempting to go waaay under to make a weight class).
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Just another supplement scam: do not ever buy HMB, use l-leucine instead since it is much cheaper and its metabolite happens to be HMB. (There is pretty much no point in BCAA supplementation unless for some reason you starve yourself of protein, commonly seen in wrestlers attempting to go waaay under to make a weight class).

Thanks sir for that
    thanks you ninerbuff also for your precious feebbacks.

@ all : I haven't posted any details about the supplements we all know, because it is not the point of that post, I'm thinking about whey/ creatine, etc...
    Pretty easy to find all the infos around :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    haha find that one, let's bump then
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I dont view whey as a supplement. Its just food.
  • skydivelife
    skydivelife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nice post, dude!

I tend to find best results with clients starting on

Fish oil, magnesium, a multi and usually digestive enzymes....who cares about thermogenics, etc if your internal environment is what got u there in the first place :-)

Bump

Wellfitlife.me