I need help to decipher some "chickspeak."

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It means she likes the way you thumb the buttons.

When you send her texts.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i think she sent it to the wrong guy! Shouldve been sent to Ty....

If you knew Ty (he's on my friends list), this might not be out of the realm of reality lol.

More seriously, it's thank you and a smile.

Yep, sounds like Ty to me....
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It means she likes the way you thumb the buttons.

When you send her texts.

:laugh:
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    That's not "chickspeak". Learn to text.

And did you seriously just put someone down for not knowing how to text properly lol?
    Yes. Yes she did.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Now the next question... thank you for what?? :tongue:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    hahahahahah ty means thank you :)

you should check out Urban Dictionary, it is the dictionary made by other people on terms and languages.

urbandictionary.com

^^ This.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Actually I disagree with everyone... ty ;) is chickspeak for.... touch youself... she is asking you to touch yourself and send her a pic... ssshhheeesssshhhhh.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    ****, the girl's inlove with Ty.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It is chickspeak. A guy would have said "thx"

This guy would have said 'Thanks'.

I hate text speak. The closest I come is 'lol'.

This chick would have said "Thanks," as well. But plenty of guys type TY.

(I HATE text speak.)
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen "No Strings Attached"? Give her a balloon that says 'Congrats'....LOL
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Reply back with STFU !

No seriosly, don't do that... LOL!!

TY is thank you as stated in the previous 52 replies...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Ty:-} = You are such a worthless, lazy, good for nothing slob. I'm so sick of you that I can barely come home at night. I'm through. I'm tired of picking up your dirty clothes off of the floor and making you dinner every night for you to just sit there and contribute nothing. We used to be a great team but ever since you lost your job things have only gotten worse and worse. First, you stopped paying attention to me. Then, you stopped playing with the kids. Now all you ever do is play video games and watch TV. What happened to the days when we worked side by side as a team? Don't you miss them? Do you ever miss working in the garden together? We haven't even had one for three years because I can't get you to plow it up. I know that you have been through a hard time and I'm not trying to be insensitive to that. I just feel like you've given up. I mean you've had plenty of opportunity to pick yourself back up off of the ground and get started again. I'm not even talking about a job here. Yes, it bothers me that you are not working but I wouldn't leave you over it. I'm leaving because you don't contribute anything anymore and you actually make my life harder. Just like yesterday. I came home after working 12 hours. I was exhausted. I'm not even going to bring up the point that I wouldn't be working 12 hours if you had a job. But anyway, I came home. The house was a mess. I made dinner, did two loads of laundry, did the dishes, gave the kids baths and helped them with their homework. When I finally got to sit down I fell asleep in the living room chair. THAT'S where I woke up at 3 a.m. Okay, now let's talk about your night last night. When I came home, you were playing video games. You ate your dinner in front of the TV while me and the kids ate in the dining room. You said maybe one or two words to me the whole night and those were mostly to let me know that I was blocking your precious view of the game. You never bothered to lift a finger. You watched me lug that heavy laundry up and down the stairs and never even got up to help. Then you went to bed and left me laying there. I can't even remember the last time you kissed me goodnight let alone the last time we made love. I just can't live like this anymore. I deserve so much better. I deserve to be loved. The kids deserve better. They deserve a father who will go out and play ball with them in the yard. They deserve a role model. I'm sorry, it's over.
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    Wouldn't it have been easier to ask her?
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I received a message from a young woman I have been dating and am very puzzled by it. This is what she texted: Ty:-}
    Anybody understand what this means? We really like each other and it was a fun and friendly conversation. I have never seen anything quite like it. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Don't you know by now that everything a woman says translates into "you're screwed"
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options

And let her in on how, out of the loop he is with chick speak??!! NEVVVERRRR!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    "Too Young" then she laughed at you with a strange smile
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Well, good morning, Sunshine.

OP~ I wouldn't have text back asking her what it meant, either! Plus, you never know when we "chicks" will change up what our acronyms mean. :smile:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I read the OP and thought Ty had changed his username...

i am going with touch yourself...you can never go wrong with that.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I thought it meant who the fack was using my scale that weighs 188 lbs.
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options

And let her in on how, out of the loop he is with chick speak??!! NEVVVERRRR!!!

HA that is true. LOL