HELP!!

Options
I need serious help! My boyfriend and I have the same days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) and I am just too embarrassed to work out when he is at home. I do not know how to get over this! I

t's nothing that he has done to make me this way, I've always hated working out when anyone is around because of how red I get. It's terribly embarrassing. Normally our schedules are off enough that I have time to workout before he gets home so it usually is not a big deal but I've gone to the dentist today and found out that I need about $3,500 worth of work done (having my wisdom teeth pulled by a sedation dentist). This means that I am going to need to work A LOT of overtime because my insurance will only cover a little over $1,000 for the procedure so I am not going to have that cushion of comfort to do it while he is away.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get over this irrational embarrassment??

Replies

• JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Would it be better if he worked out with you? Maybe take it little by little. Try just for 5 min. Also, be open with him about it making you uncomfortable. If he's a good man, he won't harass you about it and can basically ignore you if you're working out in the room. For some reason, my boyfriend doesn't really like working out in front of me either. So, I just go in the other room and give him some privacy. NBD.
  • nosila96
    nosila96 Posts: 25
    Options
    Since he's your bf, he shouldn't really mind if you work out. He should be motivating and understanding about the way you want to live your life. Don't be affected by what other people think. Everyone gets red and sweaty when they work out, it's normal. If you don't look all gross and sweaty, then you look like one of those people who "try" to work out and don't do anything.
    Don't worry about it, he'll accept what you're doing, no embarrassment at all :)
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married nearly 10 years, and I am still uncomfortable working out in front of him. He and I both know it's silly, but he humors me anyway.. We go on walks together, but when I am doing weights, a video, or my exercise bike, he humors me and stays in the other room - reading a book or watching a movie.
  • Beautys1Tragedy
    Beautys1Tragedy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't mean for it to come off as he is harassing me or is unsupportive in my decision to do this. It's just the opposite because he is extremely supporting and encouraging. This truly is something that is "all in my head" and I just do not know how to get over it. I have not worked out in a few days and I can feel all my muscles tensing up, especially in my back and it is making me less than friendly because it hurts! LOL!! Crazy as that sounds. Maybe I should just adapt and get the attitude to suck it up and do it!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I mentioned my boyfriend being a little shy to exercise around me. Well, I have noticed that the more he does it, then more confidence he builds, thus he is not as bashful about it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Give yourself some time....or just suck it up and do it. :happy: Good luck to you.