Normally I'd Be Embarassed...But I've EARNED this!!!

Options

Replies

• sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Having a bit of a weight loss stall since I started lifting two months ago, but took my 30 day progress photos last week and thought to do some comparing back to the beginning to perk myself up, I couldn't believe the difference in my back from when I started to now. I'd normally be emabarassed to post pictures of myself like this, especially since I'm fully aware I still have work to do, but I earned this and am going to show my progress proudly!!!

PB001Edit.jpg
    PB002Edit.jpg

AMAZING!!! You SHOULD be proud!!!
    I applaud you. :smile:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • stezmor4
    stezmor4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is awesome and you are correct, you deserve it!!!! What all have you been doing??
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The New Rules box keeps popping up on this site..I guess I gotta try it. What is the format of the book? Like..day by day what to do when you go lift at the gym? Or house hold resistance training?
    Thanks!

It was $12.00 well spent. The book is broken into 3 primary parts--

Part 1: Author's Notes/Theories/Position on Food/Fitness
    Part 2: Food Program
    Part 3: Workouts and exercise guides

The lifting program is broken into phases, each phase has two workouts (A & B), you alternate workouts until each phase is complete, (book designates number of workout/phase) then move on to the next phase of the program. The idea is to lift heavy, low reps and lean yourself out. Each workout (including sets/reps/rest times) is spelled out very clearly for you and can be done either in the weight room or even with dumbbells at home (get heavy ones). Everything I have done to date is also modifiable, so if you're not able to do it yet, or you are doing it at home, the modified version is an alternative and you work the same/similar muscle groups. I really like the phase format and alternating A&B workouts each time as well as working through the various stages keeps you engaged and also keeps your body guessing. In short, it's definitely worth the 12 bucks!
    I really love the workouts, but didn’t think the food program would work for me personally so I’m only following the workouts and not the food program but have still seen results, feel stronger and look better.
    Good luck!
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good friggin job! You have earned it and you deserve to be proud. Don't give up....you deserve that too!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed....that is awesome work!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is awesome and you are correct, you deserve it!!!! What all have you been doing??

Thanks! My current exercise program is Couch to 10K 3x/week, combined with New Rules of Lifting for Women 2x/week, and I swim about a mile a week which gives me about 5-6 exercise hours/week. I do not follow the NROLFW food program, I just make sure I stay under 1550 calories total (not net, don't eat many exercise cals back ever), I have dramatically cleaned up my diet, but still believe everything in moderation and if I want a cupcake, I'll have 1/2 of one..or a whole one if I feel like it and have the calories and am willing to work it off at the gym. :smile:

Good luck to you!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You deserve a great big WTG! The change is amazing!
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job. You should be proud for your accomplishments.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's like two different people. Absolutely incredible! I'm so proud of you!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A TOTAL BAD *kitten*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work!!!! Keep at it !!!! You are an inspiration!
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo!!! Looking great!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!Keep it up!
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You're right to not be embarrassed! You've obviously worked very hard and you deserve to feel proud of yourself and enjoy the compliments from everyone :)
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I seriously looked at those photos like 4times to make sure it was the same! THIS IS WONDERFUL! OMG such an inspiration 50lbs in 6months... your loss is what will get me to my goal weight so this is true motivation. thanks for sharing
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You HAVE earned it! Wow! Amazing and keep up the great work!!
  • smorry
    smorry Posts: 2
    Options
    Excellent! You are inspiring! GO GIRL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!