Post gallbladder surgery macros?

Options
I'm scheduled to have my gallbladder out next month. I'm still fighting with them on the date as they scheduled it on my birthday and I'm threatening to throw cake and ice cream in the damned blender.

I'm having 0 issues and 0 pain with the gallbladder, they just found the stones when my liver enzymes came back elevated in routine blood work and they did an ultrasound. The surgeon said I can thank my dad for mine and they want to remove it now while it is not bothering me.

Right now, I have my macros at 40% carbs and 30% fat and protein. Sometimes I am slightly over on carbs or protein, but rarely on fat

Has anyone had theirs out and adjust their fat macro? Most of my fats are healthy fats unless it's a cheat day and even then, I don't really go over on fat

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I've found the problem is eating too much fat at one time, not the total for the day.
  • SuzieT123
    SuzieT123 Posts: 1
    Options
    To the person planning to get your gallbladder out-- I'm notselling this product but after reading about it, I just ordered 2 bottles. I have achiness in my gb- for last year now-- and likely it will not be fixed without either stone dissolution or eventual surgery. I don't want to lose my gb- look below and see why you should keep yours, if you can. If you are not in serious pain (and even then, I hear this product can really cut down on that too, as i heals things and dissolves the stones.This is a FAQ from Gallbladder Complete, online:

I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SYMPTOMS OFF AND OFF SINCE THEN. I SUSPECT THAT THERE MAY BE A STONE LEFT IN THE DUCT. WILL YOUR PRODUCT WORK UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES?

The liver is what is imbalanced. The gallbladder only acts as a reservoir for the bile produced by the liver or at least did before your surgery. If an imbalance existed before, the likelihood is that it still exists, even after the gallbladder is removed. Removal of the gallbladder does not correct the imbalance as most individuals discover following surgery, nor does it prevent the liver from producing stones. Usually it creates additional problems such as a liver that now retains stones that it creates, (no place to go) increased acid reflux, a slower metabolism and additional weight gain because the bile flow has been restricted.

Gallbladder Complete will remove stones, debris and toxins from the liver just as it would in the gallbladder, rebalance the liver's bile flow, mineral levels and pH, speed up the metabolism again and in doing this, the issues of pain, indigestion, acid reflux, bloating, upset stomach, and others issues and symptoms will disappear.

i would urge you to give this a try first-- and read the rest of the site too, before you decide surgery is the only option. I may not be on this site again, but the GB Complete should answer all your questions. Don't let your doc scare you-- unless your gb is infected and it's at a point of no return, pls check this out, and read the testimonials too!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've had my gallbladder out. Don't do it unless you have to. My liver exzymes are always high now. For the first 3 months after the surgery I had to be right next to a bathroom. Trust me, be next to a bathroom when you eat after gallbladder surgery.
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had mine out 7 years ago. I haven't had many problems since getting it out. (FAR better then dealing with it full of stones!) The first couple of months I would randomly have to run to the bathroom after eating...literally just go right through me. BUT no rhyme or reason to it, I could eat the same thing 2 days in a row and one day I'd be fine the other I wouldn't. You will just have to listen to your body.

I hope you don't have to have surgery on your bday! that would suck!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had mine out a couple years ago. While I no longer have any issues unless I go long hours without eating anything, I did have an adjustment period for a few months after. Anything I ate would come flying out within minutes for the first couple of weeks. When that settled down, it was mainly anything with added fat (like, I could have a steak which contained some fat and not have issues, but if I added some butter to my veggies, forget it).

You'll be fine at 40/30/30. Just be aware that fat is what will cause you the most issues, and expect to have some issues for a while directly after surgery. You're having an organ removed from your digestive system, so your body is going to have a period of time to get adjusted. :) My one piece of advice is don't ever go long hours without eating. To this day, the only time I have issues is if I go more than 10 hours without eating. If I do that, I do so in the privacy of my own home, LOL!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Had mine out in december (I thought i was having a heart attack.) Genetically my family has off the wall liver function readings and all the women on my dad's side has had it removed.

Since I had it out I have no complaints and all is good! Got a flu right after removal (very very very bad) and all a few cases of diarrhea. My sister on the other hand, it took her 6 months to go to normal.

They will tell you to limit fat. But the doctor didn't have a problem with my 20-30%. All is well that ends well.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I was getting terribly painful gallbladder attacks and I had mine removed 2 years ago. So happy I did. Have not had a problem since then!!! And other than eating a healthy balanced diet...I haven't had to make any drastic dietary changes due to gallbladder removal.

In your case tho, because you are symptom free and not had any issues...you might want to get a second opinion. Many people have gallstones all their life and never have a gallbladder attack or any issues. Your Doctor may be jumping the gun here?! It never hurts to get another opinion!