Blackberry Storm and I-Phone users...............

Options
LeanLioness
LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
How long does it take to get used to the dang touch screen keyboard. I upgraded from a blackberry curve to a blackberry storm over the weekend and the touch screen is so awkward.

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    omg I love my Curve so much. A friend of mine has a Storm and he still can't get used to it. He's had it for months. Sometimes he switches back and forth between his curve and storm. :laugh:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't have either of those, but I do have a touch screen. My two recommendations would be

1. Stick a screen protector on it (you can get square ones you trim down to whatever size/shape you need) and use a stylus if you want, I still use my fingers cuz I can never keep track of a darned stylus. lol

2. MAKE SURE you calibrate it. I'm a lefty, and it made SUCH a huge difference on my phone. I was ready to throw it out the window before I calibrated it to MY touch/style/etc.

Enjoy your new phone!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Are there Apps for these phones? I want to get the iPhone so i can log my food when im out... i always go over if im away from the computer.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    How long does it take to get used to the dang touch screen keyboard. I upgraded from a blackberry curve to a blackberry storm over the weekend and the touch screen is so awkward.

I have a Palm Treo & had no problem getting used to the touchscreen with the stylus & my finger.

I tested an Iphone & hated the touchscreen-it's meant for fingertip touch not stylus so I couldn't get it to respond since I have nails :(
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Blackberry has a new phone its the Blackberry World Tour
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    Are there Apps for these phones? I want to get the iPhone so i can log my food when im out... i always go over if im away from the computer.
    I have a Palm Treo w/internet access. I can view the site, respond & post in forum & generally view everything, but cannot add food or exercise to my diary. Not sure about Iphone, but I've read requests for a blackberry app so I'm assuming that they have the same issue my phone does.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was in a Verizon store one day and heard the service tech telling a new Storm user to please be patient with her new phone. It is a very difficult phone to learn. She said the more you use it, the easier it gets. The phone learns to anticipate what you are trying to do. She also told the girl to feel free to come back into the store to ask questions if she needed. Maybe if you have time to go into a store, they would be able to give you some tips. I decided against getting the Storm because I just couldn't handle to touch screen.
  • jeffladd66
    Options
    it wont take long, and when you do get used to it, youll love it, i love mine, lol
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Took me forever to get use to my touch screen, and didn't think I'd like it....but I LOVE IT!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I've had a storm for about 8 months, It's pretty good, better than the IPhone IMHO, although I don't really like blackberry devices in general (my hands are too big) I need one for work.

I will say the fact that you actually have to press the storm screen to click a button is nice, you don't accidentally hit the buttons like you do on the IPhone.

the storm can be a little temperamental though, sometimes it'll hang for a few seconds before continuing on. Lots of apps for it though, it's a blackberry after all. Not as many "fun and games" apps as on the IPhone, but that's cuz it's a blackberry, and blackberry's tend to cater more to the business market than apples.