Replies

• Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that the broken chips don't have any calories...:huh:
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    yeah i just use a measuring cup when i really need to measure. Im looking to invest in measuring spoons to make my job easier.. as for chips I either stay away from them or allow myself to have 2 or 3 non broken ones :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You have to actually use a measuring cup, or buy a scale.... if you really want to know, and also lose weight!
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options

Now is that so? Well I am gonna start breaking all the chips up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options

Yes. This is true of broken cookies, as well. Apparently all the calories leak out.
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please, if you do one thing on this MFP journey ... buy yourself a scale. It will make your life so much easier!!! Weigh your food and you'll understand what 15 chips (or 30 grams or whatever the case may be) means.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Okay here's my problem,

When I make mac and cheese I always do it in the over; however, I never know how in the frick I am supposed to know what 1 cup is? It's already bad enough that they don't get examples on line or on the box. You would think that they would.

Also when you buy a bag of chips(7 servings) and you pour yourself some and most of them are broken up.??????????!!!!!!!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT 15 CHIPS ARE WHEN THEY'RE ALL BROKEN UPPPPP?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER LIKE A FRICKING PUZZLE OR A LEGO SET?

Someone anyone want to help me out here? Please.

Buy a digital food scale and heat resistant measuring cups. Problem solved! Boy I hear you on the serving sizes though. Sheesh! And single serving packages are so much more expensive!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I have wondered that myself before but you can't let it get you blood pressure up .

How about a cup of fruit. is it loose or do ya fit it in piece by piece and try not to leave air pockets spaces.

If I am counting a whole cup I want a whole cup!!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Yes. This is true of broken cookies, as well. Apparently all the calories leak out.

The air pocket spaces in my fruit cup dosn't have an calories either:wink:
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    the BEST food scale on amazon is the EatSmart food scale....

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337745103&sr=8-1

which measures up to 11 LBS and has been used in my household 100x a day since January.

They also have FABULOUS customer service

Thanks for this! Ordering right now.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT 15 CHIPS ARE WHEN THEY'RE ALL BROKEN UPPPPP?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER LIKE A FRICKING PUZZLE OR A LEGO SET?

hahaha aw i dont mean to laugh at you, you sound so flustered! <3 my heart goes out to you, i feel the same way! totally agree with the above advice, buy measuring cups and eat out of that...also,with the chips....maybe you can only eat the whole ones :wink:

This really cracked me up.

Very helpful replies though. I just ordered the food scale recommended in this thread!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    when i do lasagna, caseroles, breads, or mac and cheese in a big dish (like 9x13) I kind of drag a knife over it making it into 12 equal portions visually..and thats what I use for # portions on my MFP recipe that I enter. Scoop it right away into your left over /to go containers after you go through the trouble of making the meal and you wont have to fool with it again.
  • Brittonloves
    Options

This exchange literally made me laugh out loud. Probably way more than in should. Thanks for that! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You have to actually use a measuring cup, or buy a scale.... if you really want to know, and also lose weight!

^^^^ She know what she's talkin' about !
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Here's my checklist for a kitchen scale:

* Flat top. This is so you can add&weigh your dinner plate. Don't get one with a jug or bowl.
    * Does grams
    * Minimum increment: 1 gram
    * Goes up to 3 kg at least. Up to 5 kg if you can.

Most scales are metric designs with optional British Empire units. Thus a scale designed for 5 kg capacity might be described as "11 lb capacity".
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Buy a scale and weigh things...it's a sure way to know how much you are eating...
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Hahahaha!!!!! (:
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    dont eat chips ?????