Never realized....

Options
I never realized how big I really am. I'm 19 and yet I'm 300 pounds! I always thought i was skinny yet starting this diet has made me realize just how bad I've gotten. Going to the doctor and hearing your morbidly obese and do something about it, I never took them seriously. I have no clue what I;m doing!! I have always just ate what i wanted when i wanted. So I've decided enough is enough. I'm trying the weight watchers program(my friend is doing it so i can get the information for free). So I've decided to use this site to track my progress. So any tips or tricks or suggestions would be awesome!!!

Replies

• AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    This site is awesome, I've met some really great people on here. My biggest suggestion is not only congrats on you making the commitment to change your life, but biggest thing I can say is that when you hit a bump in the road, don't give up. Dont be too hard on yourself if you slip up on a day or even two. This is a lifestyle change not just a diet. As regards to the site, I'd pay close attention to weights of foods cause sometimes you might over estimate and under estimate on a particular item. But good luck to you. :)
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I'd love to help keep you motivated and offer any support I can. Don't think of this as a "diet". This is a total lifestyle change. You change how and what you eat and develop healthy habits that will last you forever.
    When I first started, I looked up all the foods I ate and couldn't believe what I was putting into my body! Logging everything you eat also helps make YOU accountable for your choices and actions!
    Good luck and much success!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to add friends here. There are a lot of really smart people here who have lost weight or are trying. Everyone here is trying to achieve the same goal. Tap into that knowledge and use it to your advantage.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    You can do it; but watch the Weight Watchers thing; this is ONLY MY OPINION so please everyone done hate me; I know Weight Watchers works for many people; but sometimes when you don't understand proper nutrition, weight watchers can be deceiving cuz it lets you eat whatever you want even Big Macs...just be careful and try to learn how to eat "proper" good luck!!! Feel free to friend me; I am an excellent motivator!!
  • lchansen1
    lchansen1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! I think that's awesome you're being proactive about it. I guess my tips are to remember the beginning is the hardest part, and in my experience diet and excessive go hand in hand. Find something that motivates you and use it!!!! We all get discouraged but keep going and don't give up, you'll be glad you didnt!! Good luck and stay positive :)
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I must say that it is a definite eye-opener when you realize just how much you actually weigh. I've been there & I knew I had to make a change. Not a diet, a lifestyle change!! & you can so do it! Add friends on here, like everyone above me has said. & also make your journey something you will ENJOY! don't cut out everything you love! everything in moderation! ;)
    FIND AN EXERCISE YOU LIKE! something you can stick to! I love walking!!! Its so simple & enjoyable & it burns calories. I also enjoy Zumba, because it doesn't feel like a work out!! You really must find something you enjoy because otherwise you will never work out! trust me!!! good luck! if you just stick to it you can make it!!! feel free to add me!! :):)
  • noregretsnikki
    noregretsnikki Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now. I can't believe how bad I've let myself go. It's so hard to face but worth it.