Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm back again...

skwhatley
skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I can honestly say its been about two months since I've exercised and my diet is pretty half assed when it comes to eating healthy. I started a new job where I'm there at 6:00 am and I'm home by 3:00 pm so once I'm home, and finally off of my feet, all I want to do is take a nap. I'm extremely tired and have no energy. I usually skip breakfast and bring something quick for lunch and then have a snack once I'm home then eat something not so healthy for supper with the fiancee.

I'm back because I never reached my goal and I'm about 17 pounds away. What I need is some motivation, some ideas of how others get pass naptime and exercise instead? And what are some good snacks to kinda wake me up and not keep me dragging?

-Sarah

Replies

• pange
    pange Posts: 82
    It's so hard to get back into it. But if you can push yourself to work out a few times, the next several times won't be as hard. Once you get yourself exercising again, you'll hopefully want to keep going. Try to get your fiance into healthy eating and exercise. My husband and I are both on MFP and we work out together a lot. That really helps!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Don't skip breakfast and make sure you have a healthy lunch. You will find you haev more energy. As well. Instead of heading straight home at 3 get your workout done then.
  • skwhatley
    All I do are exercise videos because I'm too cheap for a gym membership. However, I did a short little workout but it got me sweating! I'm starting to feel better already! Thanks for the ideas guys and more are welcome!!!

Keep them coming!
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    I find that a brisk walk or a workout helps me fight fatigue better than naps. Naps often leave me feeling worse than before.
  • skwhatley
    When I wake up from my nap all I think about is going back to sleep. Haha. I live in an apartment which stinks cause I want to do some bike riding in the evening. And to attempt a brisk walk at 3 pm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I think its healthier for me to just stay inside in the A/C. LOL:laugh:
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    I found the best tasting quick snack, especially for summertime when it's hot. I get some frozen mixed berries, lowfat yogurt, a little honey, and some protein powder and blend it all together with a banana ot some frozen oj. It is a really cold, satisfying drink and the protein helps keep me full longer. Not sure if this is up your alley, but I love it.
This discussion has been closed.