Trying to lose over 100lbs

Options
mgrubbe85
mgrubbe85 Posts: 41 Member
Hello everyone my name is Michele, I am 26 years old and on april 22 2012 I took a long good look in the mirror and finally got the guts to step on the scale. When I bent over so I could see past my stomach to look at the scale, I seen the numbers 327LBS. I got off the scale and did it all over again. And yes it was correct. So I said to myself "Michele this is it, you really need to do something about this weight, it is scary, and you need to change this and get healthy." I found out that I am borderline diabetic, I have had 7 miscarrages most lilkely due to my weight, sleep apnea, and sever asthma. So I said I have tried so many different diets and I always fail. What can I do differently about it this time. So now I am on here trying to make friends that are in the same boat as me, I have made videos and put them on the internet to gain lots of support from people. And so far its working, I have been dieting for 4 weeks now and have managed to lose 26 lbs. I would love to share my videos and informations with people. I would love to make new friends that will help motivate me as I will them. So if u want to be friends send me a message or friends request. I still have over 100lbs more to lose, it will be a long journey but it will be well worth it. :)

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I started at 334 down to 282 myself. Calorie counting is a power tool. I view it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Feel free to add me.
  • the_albino_1
    the_albino_1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing your first 26lbs, that's great! I too have a lot of weight to lose. If you'd like, send me a friend request and we can encourage each other along our journey. :)
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! This is a long journey! And I would have to agree, that you are changing your life instead of dieting. I look at a diet as something short term, changing my life is forever! This is a life style change, and something I can sustain!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hiya, always pleased go meet another 'Michele'

Bet you have as many people mispelling your name (using two Ls) as i get *L*
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I started on here at 232 pounds...this morning, I was 134 I am so close to reaching my goal....and you can too! Learn everything you can about what your eating!
  • SierraD89
    SierraD89 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are! I weigh 330 lbs and I would love to lose over 100 lbs. Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you would like!!
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in a very similar position. I started at 319 and am now at 291. I also have pretty bad asthma and sleep apnoea.

This is going to be a long road and I think we need all the support we can get.

Please feel free to add me.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ~ I am halfway to my goal and I am so afraid of backsliding. I am always looking for support as well as giving it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • hvo79
    hvo79 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.
  • barleespringers
    Options
    7 years ago I was weighed 350. This past year I jumped up back to 270. I had enough, so I took control of my weight loss last year.
  • SandyandTrevor
    Options
    :wink: Hey I have tried so many diets and was on a prescription diet pill twice lost almost 40 pounds just to quit and gain it back and then some. i am not borderline diabetic or have sleep apnea but both does run in my family I do need to loose over a 100 pounds I even tried to start a diet group in my home town but no one wanted to do it. Trying to diet with my son cause he is over wieght for his age and if we do this together i think it would help him more and also me. I am willing to be supportive to all that needs it. I just started today with signing on but will start the excerising tomorrow but if anyone wants to add me thats great I am new at this so I don't know how to add anyone and good luck to all and may you reach your goals cause one day i hope to reach mine.:flowerforyou:
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You have made a great start. I kind of felt the same way you did only when I got on the scale it said 396. I decided to have gastric bypass surgery and lost 160 lbs. Over the next couple of years I gained back 60 of that. When I hit 300 I decided to turn things around. I started eating healthy again and have now lost 65 since November. Like you, I was unable to have children because of my weight. My body wouldn't even allow me to get pregnant. My husband and I did foster care and adopted 3 children. Now that I could actually have a child, I feel that I'm to old now. Luckily the only problem I had was high blood pressure but as I loose the weight, my Dr. has to lower the dose. Good luck on your journey.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss so far, I have to lose about 100lbs too, feel free to add me :)