Stomach and 'bat wings'

Options
I'm new here and I'm new with trying to exercise. I've lost approximately 65 lbs and this is the first time in literal years I'm in regular size clothing and not plus. My question is this...Now that the weight is going down, I still feel fat and flabby. Any ideas to tone up the mid section to make it smaller somehow? I have difficulty with my knees but I'm trying.

The 'bat wings' if anyone can tell me how to make the arms look better as well it would be great if you would share your info.

Anyone that can help with any kind of exercise information for a beginner that has some knee issues. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sharlowbrla
    sharlowbrla Posts: 54
    Options
    down south we call those Bingo arms.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot reduce. But, see if you can incorporate strength training into your routine. Personally, I got great results with just pilates and yoga.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

The 'bat wings' if anyone can tell me how to make the arms look better as well it would be great if you would share your info.

Anyone that can help with any kind of exercise information for a beginner that has some knee issues. Thanks in advance.

I do chair dips and also tricep kick backs to tone up the bat wings.
  • maljormn
    maljormn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So stick with the Zumba and Wii Fit and that should do ok? My upper body is very weak which is sad but not one is perfect right? We all just want to be better and happy with ourselves.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    body weight exercises are great. push ups . sit ups .. crunches .. get some 3-5 lb weights .. chest presses .. chest flies .. skull crushers .. tricep extensions ..
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I do chair dips and also tricep kick backs to tone up the bat wings.

chair dips are also awesome ..
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce the fat on your stomach or arms, but I have noticed my bingo/bat wings go down recently since I :

- Started to reduce my body fat %. High protein/low carbs/low fat. MFP has a good tool on the mobile app which can track your protein/fat/carbs. I try and keep it 45% carbs/25% fat and 30% protein. (to find it its under "daily", not sure if the website has the tool somewhere) Not sure if it's what other people would suggest, but that goal is actually reachable for me.

- I do dips and push ups, noticed muscle growth but I don't look athletic, you need a lower body fat % for that!

- I also exfoliate (mostly underarms but everywhere) at least 4 times a week, and put on bio oil and moisturiser. Keeps the skin looking hydrated and I do believe it has made mine look more toned.

Bare in mind tho it's taken a couple of months to notice the differences :) and they won't be AMAZING but I will be getting my arms out this summer for the first time in about 10years :)