New to MyFitnessPal, not so new at trying to lose weight

Options
Hey everyone, I figured that it might be a good idea to hit the introduction board and say hello. I'm new here (obviously) and really excited about the prospect of having a community to connect with as I battle against the evil forces of the dark lord Obesity. It's been a long fight and has been going on for ~ 10 years. I've always struggled with my weight, but since high school it has been a gradual climb up the scale. I've tried joining gyms in an effort to get in shape, but whenever I took working out seriously, I didn't watch my diet and vise versa. To be honest, though, I've never really taken any diet seriously. I love food of all kinds (fruits and veggies included) ... and that's pretty much the problem. Despite staying relatively active, I'm always overeating. And the past few years have only made things worse. I've gone through some personal stuff and my work schedule is hectic and school work has been stressful, which adds up to a totally unhealthy lifestyle that consists of poor sleeping, eating, and exercise habits.

Anyways, I grimace at the mirror on a daily basis and hate myself for never getting it together. I hate the way I look and how I feel and the fact that all of my friends are skinnier than me. I've allowed my low confidence and body image to limit me in so many ways and I'm sick of it. I just hope that by getting control of what I eat and staying accountable, I'll actually succeed this time. In the past, I've tried to handle it alone and clearly that doesn't work. I'm scared of failing again, but I'm going to do my best to make sure that I don't.

So yeah, I want to lose 100 lbs and maybe make friends in the process.

Replies

• linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends!
  • crazee8s
    crazee8s Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! Im new too! Im looking to lose about the same!
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined yesterday. I'm here to get support with my goals and help support others with theirs. Feel free to friend me!