A good interval timer??

Options
lizzue
lizzue Posts: 276 Member
Hi all,

I have been told by my PT to start doing interval training during my runs. I need a timer that I can set and will actually beep and carry on counting without me having a mess about with it.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I could use?

i downloaded an app which I can set but it doesn't make any noise so I have to keep checking it! Bit annoying!

Thanks,
Lizzie

Replies

• pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The Gymboss interval is very nice! http://www.amazon.com/Gymboss-PINKGB2009-HOT-PINK-SOFTCOAT/dp/B001IYXOS2

Simple to use and you can clip it to your clothing.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Gym boss.

mines black but they do loads of colours. I also bought an arm band for it. They are simple to set up and simple to use. The bleep is nice and loud and you can set a number of repeats (so for example you could specify that it bleeps after 20 seconds, then after 10 seconds, and does this for 8 repeats then ends).

The only negative point I have is that the buttons are very sensitive and it sometimes goes off in my gym bag.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone and would prefer using an app, I'd go with Runmeter. It allows you to program interval training. At the appropriate distance markers, you'll hear an announcement to begin the next interval, etc. I use Runmeter mainly to track my routes, pace, and other key info.
  • bjdw1
    bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you have a Android phone try Impetus Interval Timer free from the app store. It's very easy to use at a basic level and very programmable if you want to gey more advanced.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my GymBoss