Leg fell asleep while jogging????

Options
sjmay
sjmay Posts: 386 Member
Ok, so I have been jogging / walking for quite a while now, and tonight I had something strange happen. When I finished one of my jogging stints, it felt like my leg was asleep. It didn't have those little pains that you get when it starts to "wake up", but it went numb like. The only way that I can explain it is that it fell asleep. LOL:laugh: It lasted for about 10 mins after. (I didn't run again just in case I had done something bad to myself)

Anyways, what I am wondering is has this ever happened to anyone else or do you know what it is?

Thanks for any help!!! :smile:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Any time you have numbness tingling or burning you are doing something to a nerve....be it stretched/pinched etc.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info! :happy:

I figured it probably had something to do with the nerve, I just wasn't sure what, or if it was a big problem. I found that the strange part was it was my whole left leg! All the way from my toes to my hip.
  • eurestemari
    Options
    I had the same problem when i started to run. I talk to several runners they all said it the shoes. Your feet swell when you run so your shoes should be a whole size larger then normal also the type of show makes a huge difference. If this does not help then of course check with the doctor. I know my numbness stoped after changing my shoes.