Why all the ranting?

Options

Replies

• Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well said! I think some people are on here for all the wrong reasons. When you genuinely want to gain or lose weight you should be supportive of other we are all on the same journey!!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, I came to this site for support in losing weight, not to bash people or rant... I read a post earlier on another thread of a woman who was blaming "fat" people cuz she couldnt lose her last 4 lbs or something? I didn't even respond not worth my time... So much argueing... Instead of fighting back and forth mayb people should just go exercise, their serotonin level would raise=they would be happier...and would not be ranting. Just a thought :)

Fantasic idea Totally agree :@)
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: <---love

:) i'd rather support one another than bash. :)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I was soooooo thinking the exact same thing! I've been posting topics about fitness and nutrition but mine always get bumped to the back because of someone's negative post. Can't we ignore the negative and respond to the positive?
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HUNGRY

:-P

LMAO!!!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There certainly are some sourpusses and angry people on here with the rest of us! I do my best to ignore them. That is not why I am here.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HUNGRY

:-P

BAM! There you have it!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this to sound mean, but I'm sure you'll all think it is anyway. Oh well.

Stop thinking everyone on this site is here to support you! They're not. Thousands of users from all over the world are on here for all different reasons. I guarantee some of them are the kind of people you would downright hate if you met them. That's how life is.

You know how you don't like everyone you work with? Why? Aren't you all there for the same purpose? Not everyone gets along with each other and I don't understand why anyone thinks an internet forum for counting calories would be so different.

Not trying to sound mean, not trying to be harsh. Find some people you do like and be friends with them. But don't think that every person who signs up here is kind, supportive and here to help you out.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this to sound mean, but I'm sure you'll all think it is anyway. Oh well.

Stop thinking everyone on this site is here to support you! They're not. Thousands of users from all over the world are on here for all different reasons. I guarantee some of them are the kind of people you would downright hate if you met them. That's how life is.

You know how you don't like everyone you work with? Why? Aren't you all there for the same purpose? Not everyone gets along with each other and I don't understand why anyone thinks an internet forum for counting calories would be so different.

Not trying to sound mean, not trying to be harsh. Find some people you do like and be friends with them. But don't think that every person who signs up here is kind, supportive and here to help you out.

Brett that wasnt very supportave!:laugh:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    LOUD NOISES!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    their should be an "eat more, complain less" group. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why do we see these threads 3 and 4 times a week? :sick:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Beautifully said.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest.

I really like a good rant as long as it's placed in the appropriate section (*cough* Chit Chat *cough*). I find them entertaining and thought provoking. It's like intellectual warfare. The problem is when it becomes personal and malicious.

I think this place would be dull without a bit of fighting now and again.

"A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth". ~ George Bernard Shaw

I think instead of criticising the ranters we should say "WTG" and "Good job!" Now that is being supportive right there...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest.

I really like a good rant as long as it's placed in the appropriate section (*cough* Chit Chat *cough*). I find them entertaining and thought provoking. It's like intellectual warfare. The problem is when it becomes personal and malicious.

"A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth". ~ George Bernard Shaw

I think instead of criticising the ranters we should say "WTG" and "Good job!" Now that is being supportive right there...

WTG!
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok a few points:

1) I do know how to use the internet and I apologise for posting in the wrong forum. My bad.
    2) I do not believe everyone is here to support me personally, I didn't mean to give this impression. I just figure most people on here had a similar aim/goal.
    3) :heart:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest.

WTG!

looooooooooooooooooove you girl!

Who the hell are you again?
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People don't know how to use the internet and somehow are convinced that a forum is a place for them to make themselves a little soapbox and feel important.

*scowl*

That right there, that is what I'm talking about. A personal jab. Totally uncalled for.

I don't need to 'feel important'. I was just trying to be positive.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    All I seem to read on here recently is people bashing other people for being fat, thin, tall, male, female, you name it. I thought this website was for help and support?!

Can't we all just get along and help each other out? After all we (mainly, some would like to gain weight etc.) have the same goal otherwise we wouldn't be here. Seriously, life is too short.

Where is the love people!

:heart:

They're all on their period ;)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Everyone just needs a cookie. But then again I always joke "I'm one cookie away to gaining all my weight back". So many the cookie isn't the answer.