Sugar ?

Options
Ok so I have a question. Is it bad to go over the sugar if most of it is fruit? I mean sugar in fruit is natural so is it really that bad? Having 2 cups of watermelon and a small banana puts me over my limit for sugar for the day :noway: according to the site. I dont see how it can hurt us if they say to eat more fruit but the fruit has so much sugar? So do I need to worry about the sugar as much?

:flowerforyou: :heart: Ashley

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I bumped my sugar intake up to 60. I found that what MFP said was too low and I was going over it consistently. I still go over occasionally, but usually only when I eat junk. It didn't seem to affect my weight loss at all either. I lost the 10+ that I was trying to lose. Good luck and I hope this helps!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    IMO no. If you are going to make you 5 fruits and 5 vegetables most likely you will go over. I eat 120g on average including fruit, vegetables, sugar in products and table sugar. If you have diabetic issues you may consider asking your doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Seeing a nutritionist is where its at:wink:
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    natural sugar in fruits is fine, its the bad sugar you need to watch out for in your diet. (soda,candy,cookies)
  • ninaskys1090
    Options
    i cant help eating stuff with suger. you know for the longest time i thought nature valley bars was healthy untill i looked at the nutriention thing. and then i logged it in and i went way over my calories and stuff goal and all i ate today was spaghetti alittle ziti and the 4 gronal bars did it.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much unless you're over like crazy almost everyday or sugar addicted. (You don't sound like you are lol :tongue:) If your blood sugar is normal and you're not gaining weight and aren't at risk for diabetes, it doesn't matter too much. But at your next doctor's appointment I would just ask your doctor about it as he/she knows your specific case. I would mix up fruit everyday. Don't have the same thing. And don't eat too much of one fruit. Don't fruit with a lot of sugar in it everyday. I actually find watermelons too sweet :laugh:, if it's too ripe.
  • MrsMoore143
    Options
    ok ... thanks for all the help... i just didnt see how anyone could stay under 27g of sugar while eating fruit lol:happy: