knocked knee and high arch

Options
najla56
najla56 Posts: 195 Member
Hi,
any body with knocked knee(valgus) and/or high arch and run? if so please share your story. I have just met a doctor, and she has prescribed for customised insoles. I am still doubtfull though. will you be able to run after the insoles?

Replies

• JessDorian
    JessDorian Posts: 34
    Options
    Are you talking about orthotics? I have to wear them because my ankles roll in (i think) and this stops that, plus if ur feet are not straight it can affect ur knees hips and back. My inner soles are fine takes a bit to get use to
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    and now can you do all the regular exercises? like running and stair climbing
  • JessDorian
    JessDorian Posts: 34
    Options
    I had no issue before, I only found out that feet roll because I cracked a bone in my ankle. Pretty much I feel like I have more support through my legs my knees dont hurt as much though playing netball for 15 yrs has done damage to my knees regardless. They are $$$ but if they stop pain worth it and if the doc says you can run with them you can. They are pretty solid things, all they do is slip in and out ur shoes so if u need a break from them take them out.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm bow kneed and I have high arches, before getting good fitted shoes and inserts I had issues. I also have fewer problems now, the stronger my knees, legs, and ankles get. Especially the ankles, no more twisting, and magically that has helped the knee and hip issues.