yoga buddies

I am new to yoga and I do gentle hatha yoga at home using 3 different DVDs. I use it not only to tone my body, but to keep stress levels down!

I am pretty new at it and would love to have some yoga buddies to share tips with and support/encourage/motivate each other!

What sort of yoga do you do?

Please add me as your friend! I am a daily user!

:)

Replies

• vampstinger
    vampstinger Posts: 4 Member
    I've just started doing kundalini yoga at home, and you're right about the stress levels - it's not easy working full time and having a 16 month old running me and hubby ragged, so even though I have to get up at 4am to practise, I don't feel as tired and stressed as before. :)
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 234 Member
    sounds very dedicated at 4 am! wow!
  • shobelitz
    shobelitz Posts: 34
    i practiced kundalini before but i prefer ashtanga... ^^ i recently got the P90x yoga x DVD and the biggest loser weight loss yoga DVD as well. both were modeled after Ashtanga i think.. and yeah, both kicked my butt.. lol
  • uk_angeldust
    sounds great! :))
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    I never thought I would enjoy Yoga, but started doing it several times a week after a tight psoas muscle was making my life miserable. I wish I had started it a whole lot sooner. Improved balance, flexibility and best of all my pain is gone ! Add me if you like, I would love some yoga buddies :smile:
  • uk_angeldust
    glad to hear it! will defo add :))) ty
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Hi. I've been practicing yoga off and on for years. I love it! I started yoga as a way to help manage stress (my job was a real killer).

Now, I'm studying to be a yoga teacher, so I'd love to have more yoga buddies here on MFP.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    I just started vinyasa yoga about a month ago at a studio near my house, and I have fallen in love with it!
    I go twice a week, a basics class and a basics flow class.
    Actually did a full hero pose the other night!
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to be friends with other yoga lovers!
  • uk_angeldust
    sounds great! thanks for posting! :)