Protein filled lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My lunch today has 50g of protein. I made a grilled chicken salad. The chicken alone is 23g, I also have cottage cheese in it, another 10g, egg whites 7g, and some other things in it. I think if you start with the meat as your base, that is where your going to get the most protein. Then build from there no matter what it is you eat with it.
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads for lunch and add a protein to them. Usually, leftovers from dinner, like chicken/turkey breast, steak, chili, taco filling with a scoop of plain yogurt to imitate sour cream, hamburger. I'll also add black beans, chickpeas, cheese, or lunch meat (I have the deli slice it thick so I can cube it). If you buy the whole romaine lettuce, you can fill the leaves with your choice of filling and eat like a taco. Then you don't feel like you're eating just another salad. You could also do nuts, hard-boiled eggs, grilled tofu, tuna, cottage cheese.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I know that my comment isn't really about what you are asking, but I am having the problem of comsuming too much protien, but way under in my carb and calorie intake. I went with the recommendations of the site for these numbers and have heard that you can change them, but how bad is it to consume a good amount of protien in your diet?

Not bad at all, depending on how much a lot is to you. Most people don't get enough protein. I aim for my body weight in grams per day.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ A nice big spinach salad with nuts, berries and a cheese ( I love goat cheese ! ) ... with either Salmon or Chicken. You can always add a " protein bar " or " protein shake " to grab those extra grams.

That salad with a piece of Salmon can come in around 50 grams of protein and under 500 calories.

An 8 oz protein shake mixed with water is 26 g of protein @ 140 cal. ( Body Fortress Chocolate )

A Super Protein Shot of Fuel is 26 g of protein @ 110 calories.

These two options can be added mid day to carry you through the evening til dinner. Between lunch and dinner you could already have taken in anywhere from 76 grams of protein. Not bad for ½ the day ! :wink:

I also have protein bars that will give me 30 g of protein @ 270 calories ... or one's that give me 15 g @ 170 calories. Great snack ! And they taste awesome ... low sugar and low carbs, no corn syrup added.

You just have to find what works for you ! It is hard to get large numbers of protein without these options. Salmon and chicken will provide you with the best one ingredient option. If you can consume 8 oz of Salmon .... that's a whoppin' 46 g of protein ! :tongue:

My lunch with 4 oz of Salmon is 33 g of protein and with 8 oz it is 55 g !

Hope this gives you a little hope ... and if you need sweetness just pack in the berries ! :flowerforyou:
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds are great too. Eat them as a snack at work or add to a salad. A 1/4 cup is a huge 18g or protein!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump! <3
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Have just discovered 1 can tuna, 2 tomatoes and 1-2 tsp vineger/lemon juice. Plus loads of flat leaf parsley if I can find it. Huge amount of protein, negligible everything else.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • brendakellyknight
    Options
    I buy a whole roasted chicken and slice 4oz off and add it mixed field green salad with a little dreesing or frozen veggies. For me this is quick and easy I do not like to cook or fixed things that take a long time to prepare. i also eat greek yogurt and an apple. Hope this will help. Keep up the good work for great results.

Peace & Blessings