breakfast--quick ideas?

Options

Replies

• Molzz95
    Molzz95 Posts: 11
    Options
    Pineapple and cheese on whole-meal toast (Or any type)

It sounds weird but it is great!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is - Yogurt, a handful of berries - strawberries or blackberries are my faves cause they are high in fiber, and a serving of almonds and maybe a slice of cheese. These things are easy to grab and take with you and they fill me up for awhile. I also have breakfast with a BIG (like 32oz) glass of ice water with lemon.
  • pbamerson
    pbamerson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    EGG SCRAMBLE
    2 cups fresh spinach - 2 servings egg beaters - 1/4 cup low fat mozzy cheese
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Fast/Easy Breakfasts that always make me feel satisfied:

oatmeal...and add some fruit to it to make it even more filling.
    a banana and bowl of cereal
    hard-boiled eggs. I make a few in the beginning of the week and then just grab 1 in the morning to have with toast or 1/2 a bagel.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies at night or really quickly in the morning!

Just need some greek yogurt, nuts (I use almonds or walnuts), fruit (banana works well), and honey if you need a bit more sweetness OR if you just want it in there lol

**Edit** and a cup or so of ice, forgot that essential part!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1 Packet Quaker Cream of Wheat
    1 Scoop Muscle Milk chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Chocolatey flavored goodness with a bump in iron from the COW, a good dose of protein and other nutrients from muscle milk, and a serving of fruit!! :laugh:
  • jluthersw
    jluthersw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump!! these are some great ideas!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    100 cal English Muffin thats loaded with fiber and 1 serving of egg beaters. Put the egg juice in a coffe cup and in the microwave for 45 secs. 2 of those for 225 and you got a crapload of protein to start the day. I added a little bit of cheese and bacon bits for something dif. Added about 25-30 cals each. I was really amazed how good the egg beaters were.

thats sounds great!!
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I have been doing oatmeal with blueberries or strawberries lately. I make eggs on the weekend...and plan to make a spinach and egg scramble soon :)
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    I have oatmeal with a few tablespoons of low fat strawberry yoghurt for a cream of strawberry taste and i normally say full until early evening or a banana smoothie always wakes me up and keeps me full
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a cup of vanilla low fat yogurt and a cup full of fruit and heat up 3 brown n' serve sausages in the microwave.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I need protein to help me stay full and I'm usually short on time so I've been drinking a protein shake and eating some fruit. Sometimes a thing of yogurt too if I'm really hungry.
  • aeris2126
    aeris2126 Posts: 7
    Options
    I used to have this problem. I would have breakfast (like cereal) at home at around 7 and feel starved by 9:30.

For the last three weeks I've been making green smoothies and it has made a huge difference. I take 1 1/2 cups of spinach and blend it with a different combination of fruits every day. One day it's spinach, raspberry, and coconut. Another it's spinach, pineapple, papaya, and strawberry. Spinach, apple, blueberry, etc. etc. I usually measure out a cup of each fruit, and add a cup and a half of water before blending it all up (you can use juice but I don't want to add any unnecessary calories). On a particularly hungry morning I'll add a 1/4 cup of plain oats. These breakfasts take all of 5 minutes to prepare. I have a travel cup that I pour the smoothie into, and I drink it slowly on the way to work. Any excess I drink at home before I leave.
  • CJ33711
    CJ33711 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    The trick to staying full longer is to have protein with every meal or even snack. Example: B- 1/2 cup of old fashion oats with fruit and a poached egg for the protein:).
    Good Luck!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oats with some kind of fruit and or nut combo ALWAYS leave me feeling full for at least 3 hours. They're easy to make! Just don't get the sugary packets. I get the plain old fashioned or instant oats. Add some water or milk of your choice, depending on how thick/watery you like them and nuke em for 2 minutes. Oatmeal is so versatile! You can make banana bread oats, pumpkin pie oats, blueberry oatmeal..etc. The possibilities are endless :) Good luck!
  • xomelissasue
    Options
    All great ideas! thank you everyone for being so helpful!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I have Quaker Oat meal. I do not use the instant kind because of the sodium. I put a hlaf cup of oatmeal in a bowl with water and cook for a minute. I add fruit. I use Doles frozen mixed fruit. It cools down the oatmeal and gives it a little sweetness without the sugar. I have a hard boil egg with that. I have protein when I go to bed at night so that I am not that hungry in the morning. You need to eat every 2-3 hours. For a snack I will have carnation instant breakfast with fat free milk. I am full until lunch.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • champcpa
    champcpa Posts: 12
    Options
    The only thing that I can eat and not be hungry in an hour is all protein----bacon and eggs, cheese eggs, etc.....If I eat carbs I am starving by 10 am