Eating back exercise calories

Options
13»

Replies

• thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love the way that threads always turn into 'debates'...for want of a friendly term!!! Thank you so much to each and every one of you who has responded to my query. I have upped my daily calories from 1200 to my BMR of 1350 and may or may not eat back some of my extra calories earned through exercising depending on whether or not I am hungry. If I don't lose weight then I will rethink!

I love this site and I love you all for your helpful/thoughtful/provocative comments (read whichever one is appropriate!). Good luck with each and every one of you on your own personal journey and thanks again x

Love your point of view! Good luck on your journey and don't be discouraged by what you hear or see or for lack of results. If you exercise you might build or strengthen some muscles and since muscles weight more than fat but has less volume, you may weight the same for a while as your body adjusts, but still lose inches in some areas. Above all, do what works for you, and not what works for others! :happy:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm what the guy earlier said, eating back exercise calories is risky. To all of you who do eat back all your calories BEWARE- my exercise bike and walking pedometer always give my calories earned as at least half of those that this site gives (so I change the calories manually)