"Juicing" with a blender

Options
TONYAGOOCH
TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
Anyone do this? I have a brand new blender that we've used maybe one time. I was thinking of throwing some fruits and veggies together in it but not sure what the outcome would be since you though the enitre thing in to get the full effect of the food. Any suggestions or recipes or just thoughts in general on this subject?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,949 Member
    Options
    Your describing smoothies, not juicing........just make sure you have enough liquid in your blender and your golden.
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I get the frozen fruit from BJs (Dole's wildly nutritious blend), mix it with FF vanilla yogurt and sometimes OJ to make a sweet smoothie. However, if you want to seriously juice, I recommend investing in a juicer. There's some good websites for recipes for your blender (and a juicer). Sometimes I just copy jamba juice or a chain's menu with my own substitutions/ingredients at home.
  • reppinplates
    reppinplates Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd reccomend getting a juicer if you plan to do this on a regular basis, but generally a blender will suffice for most things.

Oh, also make sure you clean it properly. I got very ill, many times before realising the seal at the bottom had mould underneath.

-_-
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ewe...thanks I'll keep that in mind. I was just reading up on this juicing thing. Not real interested in spending $400 on a juicer. lol Plus I read about it not using the fiberous parts and that the cleanup is much harder than using a blender. I tried blending my protein shake once with some almond milk and it was WAY to thick for me. lol I may just try a few things out and see if it's for me or not.