I'm new ... sort of

Options
I can't say I'm really new to this as I did download the android app last fall and used it a little bit and had some success, but eventually stopped using it. Why? There's a list of reasons, but one thing that stands out in my mind is I didn't set up any type of support group or friends that would hold me accountable for falling off the wagon.

So what happened that brought me back? Had some health issues this past winter that really scared me and got up to my heaviest weight, 254 pounds. Apparently a steady diet of fast food, fritos and PBR wasn't as good for me as I thought! AND my girlfriend came to the website and told me about how easy it was to use it. She's been using the website, going to the gym, and eating much better so why can't I? Turns out I can! And all these years I've been making it harder than it really was.

We've both struggled with our weight (I've gained over 100 pounds since high school) and we're determined to not try this time, but to actually lose the weight and keep it off, and make positive changes in our lives. With the successes I've seen other members experience and the changes my girlfriend has made, I know I can do it this time. If anyone would like to send a friend invite along to add to my group of motivators, that would be awesome.

And yeah, that's kind of a gross profile picture. We had just got back from the gym and I was needing a shower ... but it's proof I've been going :D

Replies

• tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    It's good to see you here! Just sent you an FR. I'll do what I can to help motivate and encourage you!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me for support.