Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eat more to lose weight question

ok....if someone could please help me figure this out, i am confused. I am currently eating 1220 cal. per day and losing 1 lb a week. So, i need help with the math on this. My BMR is1377, my TDEE is1916, TDEE minus !%% is1629. So if i have this right, i should be eating 1600 cal. per day???? I know that if i go from 1220 to 1600 i will start to gain, so how does this make sense? Am i figuring it wrong? My philosophy has always been "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

Can anyone familiar with this, PLEASE help??? I am really confused on this whole idea. I am putting into account that i only workout 2-3 times a week (light to moderate activity.

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Your BMR is how much you should eat just to survive..so if your exercising 2-3days week then i would eat 250-300 above BMR on those days and around BMR on none workout days..you might gain a little in the first week or 2 as you body adjust to eatting more but then will start to loose again!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 633 Member
    You are losing since you just got started less than 2 months ago. I think your weight loss will greatly slow down soon and possibly even stop. You aren't doing your body any favors by continuing to eat so little. To keep your metabolism moving, up your calories to where they should be. Keep in mind though, if you eat using this formula, you don't eta back your exercise calories.