help with the calories and proteins

miracle
miracle Posts: 12 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been staying well within my calories...but i keep going over the fiber and protein, but just can not get enough carbs in my diet...I am not trying to do low carb but the foods I really like and look forward to...lean chicken, salads, beans ect..are not high in carbs but high in protein..Is this bad? Should I always try to get in all the nutrients everyday.?

Replies

• fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    As far as the protein and fiber is concerned, it's ok to go over. The fiber here is estimated really low. I am not so sure about the carbs however. I always go over.
  • The more you go over in fiber the better! I really try to aim for 30 grams a day. Can be challenging some days. The protein intake is too low on MFP too so I always go over. The only thing I try to cut down on is carbs. Always try to go under.
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    I've always managed to stay within the recommended calorie range but am over on protien almost daily. Carbs I'm usually low on as well so I'm not sure how they configure it.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    I would love to go over on my protein one day. I have issues with getting all my protein in but I'm ok with that. I know I'm eating healthy.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Miracle, you can adjust the percentages to something more suited to your eating style. More protein, less carbs is not a bad way to go :flowerforyou:
  • miracle
    miracle Posts: 12 Member
    wow Stormie..I just had yto comment on your weight loss and Quitting smoking!! Way to go...you should be so proud of yourself! I struggle with both weight and smoking... I am so afraid to stop smoking while on my weight loss journey but if you have ANY words of wisdom....I would be grateful....Keep up the awsome work.
This discussion has been closed.