Dr. Oz is a joke.

Options
Does anyone else notice how the topic of his show on one day completely contradicts his show on the next day? He just jumps from fad to fad. It is so frustrating to watch. The useful information that he actually conveys is lost in all the mumbo jumbo. I think I am going to break up with him and save that room on my DVR for something else. :)

Replies

• DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Agreed, he is a joke. The guy annoys me.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Nope, never noticed this. :wink:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    but dr oz says.....
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I think he's really a Muppet.

But that may be a slam against Muppets.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's pretty obvious he is paid to promte certain things.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    His input really hasn't been useful in at least a year... possibly longer. I remember when his topics were informational, research-based subjects. Now its all about which company pays him the most.
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    I think he's really a Muppet.

But that may be a slam against Muppets.

nuff said
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    droz1.jpg
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2EYy1S-x7spP5fBy3tHTTu0X4E12SZ4wmh1cd30T_qCUbkJZCIQ
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    My 87-year-old mother has purchased every diet supplement he has recommended (like raspberry ketone), even though she doesn't need it. I know, because every time he has some new diet product on his show, my mom calls and tells me to get it. She and my sister will try it for weeks with no results. I no longer listen to cnversations that start of, "Dr. Oz says..."
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yes its gone downhill - when he started it was groundbreaking and addressed things you wanted to ask your doctor - but were reticent about. I hardly watch any more, its more like an infomercial - each day a new magic solution to losing weight.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    OMG! Don't make fun of Dr. Oz! The Raspberry Ketones helped me drop 425 lbs last week!

whine.jpg
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it is sad...when he first started out on Oprah I did find all his info pretty sound researched and helpful but since getting his own show I guess they have run out of 'real' facts to share and have just moved on to fads. He should quit to save his reputation. Another great mind bought and paid for by big business. :(:ohwell:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is right on everything. Oprah said so.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I LIKE HIS GREEN DRINK.. I DO IT ALMOST EVERYDAY:)
  • georgestar420
    Options
    I think his answer would be because everyday the world "evolves" and I approach these things as if they are "new" and this would be his exact reason ;)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I think it is sad...when he first started out on Oprah I did find all his info pretty sound researched and helpful but since getting his own show I guess they have run out of 'real' facts to share and have just moved on to fads. He should quit to save his reputation. Another great mind bought and paid for by big business. :(:ohwell:

Totally right - I used to watch him when he gave out real insights and information- now its just a ratings grab
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Totally right - I used to watch him when he gave out real insights and information- now its just a ratings grab

his viewing audience wants "get-thin-quick-without-effort" stories and that's what he gives them so that his show doesn't get dropped from syndication.