Not good for the last couple days...

Options
I am not going to beat myself up here. I've given myself a year to get to my goal, which I can do. But the last couple days, I haven't stuck to my eating plan. I haven't logged calories, because I know I'm going over them.
I had my lower left molar pulled last weekend and it still hurts. Haven't been able to eat anything other than soft foods. I nearly die of starvation if I drink my food, or if I just eat soup, but I may need to try it again....
I avoided this place thinking that I needed to take a break, but now I feel like this was a mistake to stay away from here.
I miss you guys!! I missed the support, and all the fun posts. If I stay, I'll keep being motivated, but my teeth ache everywere! Even sensitive to hot and cold, so all the food I've eaten is room temp, and water has been lukewarm...
If it continues to hurt into next week, I am calling the dentist to make sure I don't have a dry socket or anything...:sick:
I promise to start logging my food again, since this will help me keep on track even when I am way over. Its something that can't be helped, and yet, I skulked around all ashamed of myself, like its all my fault or something...
Starting tommorow, I am back on track....
Thanks for reading..:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, the last couple days were terrible for me as well, but I don't have an excuse!! :grumble: But you are correct, back on the band wagon tomorrow!! I really hope you feel better, I'm sure it's not easy trying to eat properly when you are in pain. Good luck, tomorrow is another day :flowerforyou:
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    I have found that when you feel your worst, is the time you need to try your hardest to eat the "right" things. You can do it! Good luck!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have found that when you feel your worst, is the time you need to try your hardest to eat the "right" things. You can do it! Good luck!
    Your right, but all my low cal foods are crunchy, and require extensive chewing. What I needed to do was give the drink meals another chance. I do have some cans of soup that I can use instead though. I know they are higher in sodium, but I'm going to have to go over somewhere, and i'd rather go over in sodium than calories.

After writing this, my hubby and I went shopping and he treated me to two beautiful shirts that fit really nicely. It really helped me to re-focus on my goals! Gotta love that beautiful man!!:heart:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    May sound odd- but have you tried baby food? You can get all of your veggies and fruit. Skip the meat ones, they're horrible.

Baby food got me through a really bad wisdom tooth surgery. They opened my jaw and had to scrape... *shudder* So I was on soft food for about four weeks.

Oh, the toddler meals have very small bites- another option if you can open your mouth and mush food with your tongue.

I hope you heal quickly!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If it continues to hurt into next week, I am calling the dentist to make sure I don't have a dry socket or anything...:sick:

My daughter had her wisdom teeth pulled, and it hurt for about a week and a half. Ibuprofen (600 mg which is 3 regular advil) is awesome for dental pain- it works better than prescription pain killers for that type of pain.

Feel better. :flowerforyou: