ZUMBA lovers....

Options
2»

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I normally go twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday. One week, I went four times but I think thats just too hard on my joints and its easier for me if I can stick to not trying out too many instructors. I love Sunday cause she does a lot of repetive songs and I get more of a workout if I am not overly confused.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I get SUPER bored with dvds. Even though I'm horribly clumsy and swore I wouldn't go, I have found it VERY supportive, fun, and we go for 1 hour. In that hour I burn approx. 743 calories. That makes the hour SO WORTH IT!
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    I have the Zumba dvd's and I do it 3 to 5 times a week. LOVE IT!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    2x a week in a class.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Once a week but also have the dvd's however I have hurt my knee and have been told not to go for 7 weeks by my GP.

:grumble: But better to be 100% that go and do more damage Roll on July!!
  • theresaarico
    Options
    I love Zumba! Have a history of classical dance and this was right up my alley! I go to 3-4 classes/week! We have GREAT instructors @ my gym. . . LOVE IT!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I teach 10X a week. It's pretty much helped me lose most of the weight. Plus strength training and moderating food intake :)
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    Just started Zumba on Monday. Yesterday was my second time. The place I go has the classes on Mondays and Thursdays and therefore, I plan on doing Zumba twice a week. I can tell you that I LOVE it even though my body is hurting pretty badly right now. I was surprised at how the 2nd time seemed harder then the first time. So much fun though. LOVE swinging my hips and trying to feel sexy when I'm overweight. Someday I'll be doing that when I'm NOT overweight. :bigsmile:
  • javalika
    javalika Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do u log Zumba as exercise? do u put it under dance?
  • TiffanyElaine89
    TiffanyElaine89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The Exhilarate dvd's are great (especially Exhilarate and Mix). I do it 2-3 times a week varying it with Jillian Michaels or a biggest loser dvd. It's good to do a little "fun" workout every other day.
  • TiffanyElaine89
    TiffanyElaine89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How do u log Zumba as exercise? do u put it under dance?

If you have a heart rate monitor you can log in calories burned. However, if your like me and you don't have one you kind have to guestimate. I put it as Aerobics (low or high), however hard the dvd/class is. According to online sites I might be burning more than that, but since I don't have a heart rate monitor I don't know for sure. Until I can buy one I'd rather underestimate than overestimate.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For me, typically 5 times a week. Ive laxed in the last two weeks or so though. Gotta get back to it! Love Zumba!
  • Crystal3004
    Crystal3004 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and I absolutely love it...I do it everyday...I let my kids join in and we have a ball!!!