Minus 100 pounds!! Team effort... :)

Options
Ok so yesterday my husband and I had someone take a couple pictures on our hike...and when I got home I was so depressed because I still look fat. I have lost 55 pounds since last fall, and I just want to see a picture and be happy with myself...even though I have about 40 pounds to go.

Well, I went through some old pics and found one of the two of us from 2 summers ago...and now I see progress!! So I am not there yet, but I am super happy to see how far I have come. Ok...WE have come. My husband lost 45 pounds since the old pic too...so combined, we have lost 100 POUNDS! We should be getting better gas mileage in our truck with that much gone...LOL

So...I know these kinds of posts get a lot of questions on what I (we) did...

We both quit fried food, quit MOST fast food...though the occasional McDonalds...I mean like once every 6 weeks...is still acceptable. We used to go out every friday for fish fry, fast food at least once/twice a week, and restuarants at least twice a week. Now we pay attention to portion sizes, make sure we eat fruit and veggies more....ok we actually EAT them now...rarely before. Our fridge is a lot different than a year ago....mostly produce, no dips, no ice cream. Just these things worked for my husband.

As for me personally....I have been walking about 10-15 miles a week...and I stick to my calories religiously. Started at 1200 last fall...got stuck for Feb...tried upping my calories for two months...and now I am back to my 1200 eating some exercise calories back...and the scale is moving again.

Anyway...find what works for you...it's not the same for everyone...this worked for me! :)

I finally look forward to getting outside for a walk or a bike ride!! Never thought that would happen!

Pictures1.jpg

Replies

• meaghanmarie_xoxo
    Options
    good job, the both of you look great!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    You really have come so far!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a similiar issue, I look at pictures of myself now and I dont see much difference but everyone else does. It is time for my monthly pictures but I just dont want to because Im afraid there will be no difference. You look great, keep going.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Congratulations. An amazing difference. Good luck with the rest of your progess to your final goal
  • careyayn22
    careyayn22 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am at the same point you are. Fifty something down with forty more to go. I KNOW I have made progress, but I still get down on myself when I see photos.

Congrats and you do look awesome btw. I think we can see it more in others than ourselves.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Congrats you you both, you look great!!!

When I look at your now picture I see that the lines of your top draw the eye to areas that tend to make you look larger than you are. If you too the same picture today in a plain t-shirt it would look completely different.

Again, congrats on a great job!!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You look great! keep your head up - every tiny bit counts and you've gotten a LOT smaller.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely tell a difference... congratulations to you and your husband for your life change! My husband still isn't interested in changing his eating & drinking habits so I'm a little jealous.. lol. Be very proud of how far you have come so far and best luck on your continuing journey!!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!