30 days working out and no resluts (weight)

Options
I have been working out with a trainer for 30 days now and been eating 1200-1400 calories. I have droped 1 pound in that time. I lost a few inches but no weight at all. Should I up my calories? I need help pointers something before I give up again. Im really dedicated this time and I dont want to lose motivation.

Replies

• DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Depends on how intense you were "working out". At one point my "work outs" were 30 minute walks that burned about 200 calories. I ate 1300 calories a day and lost about 4lbs in a month.

OTOH, now I do P90X. Those are intense work outs and I burn between 300-500 calories per work out. I eat back all of my calories and lost 5lbs in the first week. I believe the first 4lbs were simply water weight, and only lost one real pound of body weight.

What I do is I have let My fitness pal figure out how many calories I need for a sendentary lifestyle. Then I log my exercise and let My Fitness pal tell me how extra calories I have earned from working out...and I eat those calories back.

Denise
  • Baroness3
    Baroness3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fat weights light and mussel weight is heavy so it will look like nothing is going on as far as the scale reads but if you are losing inches you are building mussel and getting smaller. It will call catch up so stay off the scale for now because it really doesn’t reflect what is going on in your body. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see the scale move but it will take some time for your mussel to start firing up your metabolism once that happened the weight will start falling off. Just track your inches for now.:flowerforyou:
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i say ditch the scale and take measurements.

many times during my weight loss journey, the scale just refused to move although i was feeling stronger, saw more muscle definition and i was losing inches. at one point, i lost a full dress size with just one pound lost. so, don't let the scale get you down. i hate that it has the ability to make or break our day. sigh. take measurements and judge by how your clothes feel.

don't get discouraged and definitely DON'T give up!! keep it up and the pounds will come off eventually. put in enough sweat equity and it'll pay off in the end!!!
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I lost a few inches but no weight at all.

Losing inches is for sure results! Like many have said, the scale can be your enemy. If you are gaining muscle mass, you will not see weight loss. You may even see a gain around now. The body will "balance out," and you will see weight loss too eventually. Keep up the hard work, and don't lose motivation!
  • Nwilliams112
    Nwilliams112 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also make the suggestion of letting the tape measure be your guide. I know it can seem frustrating I have lost very little weight mostly water weight but I have lost almost 5 inches. I am down 2 pant sizes. Also only weigh once a week, weighing daily can become frustrating as your body fluctuates body weight daily.