Muscles on women

Options
I've just seen this link posted on a MFPal's wall. It has a couple of different topics in, I particularly like the "Chicks + Muscles" one though (the first one) Mostly because I see those sorts of negative comments crop up on the forums a few times.

I know people have their own preferences and not all of them want to have visible muscles. Could you imagine if "everyone" had the same goals!? The squat rack would never be free! I don't think there's any need for rudeness though, just because you personally don't like a look. I'm sure there are plenty of people using this site that have had horrible things said about their body, not nice right? (even if you're not there to hear it)

http://crossfitlisbeth.com/category/essay-by-lisbeth/

""Every time someone posts a photo of an athletic woman who’s lifted more than her handbag and eaten more than cigarettes and dust bunnies, you can count on blowback from the knuckledraggers. “Her muscles are gross.” “That’s not feminine.” “She looks like a man.” (Even when it’s not even CLOSE to the truth.) Or, from the ones who think they’re sooo funny: “His hair is kinda long.”

None of the comments are polite. Most are unintelligent. Often, they’re crude.

But, really, what is the big flipping deal?

A girl has muscles. A woman has muscles. Somebody has muscles. Somebody is out there, doing good things for themselves and their bodies.

Functional fitness happens to have some cool side benefits, like guns.

Get over it already. This attitude should have died years ago. Chicks with muscles are hot. And, more than that, if you don’t agree? Well, we really don’t care. See ya at the gym.""

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    UNH!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Generally, I find the negative comments come from men who are over 40, out of shape

and know they have no shot in hell in my EVER noticing they exist :P
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Women who lift weights are strong and sexy. I love seeing women in the squat rack at my gym....or the free weight section at all for that matter.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i adore this!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Coming from a guy, I love to see a girl hitting the bench, using the squat rack, or using the free weights. What that says to me is that she's done her homework (i.e., knows the benefits of the basic lifts, etc.), knows what she need to do, and is doing it. There is a husband and wife that work out at my gym the same time I do and I commend them for encouraging one another and he got her into free weights and to enjoy having strength as a woman.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Love!!! The world is a buffet: If your dish isn't a hot chick with muscles, move along, and take your negative feedback with you. :)
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I love a woman with a nice build, it shows true dedication.o
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%!

To each their own! I hate all the negativity this site has at times. I know everyone should be able to voice their opinion, but sometimes I wish they would keep their opinions to themselves. When I was younger, I lifted heavy things quite often and had some serious leg muscles which I loved. Every now and then, someone would make a comment, that I should really stop lifting because weights were for men and that bugged me quite a bit! BUT…I kept lifting.

Since then, I’ve had three kids and lots of other drama come and go in my life; needless to say…I didn’t take care of myself. I’m back though and prepared to kick some *kitten* to get my body back!

:heart: I love that I can already see and feel my muscles forming back to what I had built up so many years ago! :heart:

9821387.png
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chicks with muscles are HOT!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    load up those guns, ladies!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are my new hero. Thank you.

:heart: Sass
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    There is a husband and wife that work out at my gym the same time I do and I commend them for encouraging one another and he got her into free weights and to enjoy having strength as a woman.

That is my situation! (except we're not married) I am soooo thankful that my bf got me into lifting when he did. At first I was a little afraid of getting overly big muscles, but once I tried it out, I was hooked! I loved seeing progress in strength and how I look.
    Now I probably want bigger/more defined muscles than I did when I first started out!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Word.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker:
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Love it!!! I might not be a skinny minny, but I have muscles and curves and I wouldn't change a thing! I might be no Victoria's Secret model, but I can squat, deadlift, and bench press like none other