Mom's 45th Birthday?

Options
EmCarroll1990
EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
Hey all, so my mom's 45th birthday is on Sunday, and my brothers and I are planning to go in on a joint gift.

One problem, we've got no clue what to get her. Any ideas? She's a new lawyer, likes expensive shoes / purses (much more expensive than we could afford), is an exercise fanatic and is absolutely stunning.

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    What is your price range?
    -wtk
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow?
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    What is your price range?
    -wtk

There's either 3 or 4 of us chipping in (my one brother is a weirdo, so I'm not sure if he's in or not), and I'm guessing everyone's willing to pitch maybe like $100.00 each?
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    hookers and blow?

We got her that last year!
  • reppinplates
    reppinplates Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Get her some supplements?
    Although you probably shouldn't listen to me, I am horrible at these kinds of things.

Last birthday i bought my mum tea towels. Suffice to say she wasn't too overwhelmed on the gift...
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    When I don't know what to get my mother, I just get her a spa package to her favorite place.

As a new lawyer, she probably needs an expensive bottle of scotch to keep in the office. So that's another idea. Johnnie Walker Blue Label runs about $250-300 a bottle so that's right in your range. Or you can find a good Macallan scotch. They get more expensive the older you go.
    -wtk
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    When I don't know what to get my mother, I just get her a spa package to her favorite place.

As a new lawyer, she probably needs an expensive bottle of scotch to keep in the office. So that's another idea. Johnnie Walker Blue Label runs about $250-300 a bottle so that's right in your range. Or you can find a good Macallan scotch. They get more expensive the older you go.
    -wtk

Spa package might be nice.

She's already got a bottle of Johnny Walker at her place. My step-dad's a huge scotch lover.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Does she like to travel at all? What about a weekend away for her and your dad at an upscale hotel, B&B or whatever she's interested in?

Not sure how into jewelry she is, but my brother and I got my mom a Pandora bracelet and a few charms for her 50th - they are pretty expensive but apparently very "in" right now - it would be cute to get her the bracelet and then charms to represent each of you.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Does she like to travel at all? What about a weekend away for her and your dad at an upscale hotel, B&B or whatever she's interested in?

Not sure how into jewelry she is, but my brother and I got my mom a Pandora bracelet and a few charms for her 50th - they are pretty expensive but apparently very "in" right now - it would be cute to get her the bracelet and then charms to represent each of you.

Both great ideas. They're actually going away this weekend to celebrate her birthday, my fiancé got them an awesome deal with the hotel.

And dang it, my mom's already got the Pandora bracelet, and we've all already got her charms lol - Christmas gifts.
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    She's already got a bottle of Johnny Walker at her place. My step-dad's a huge scotch lover.
    "Johnnie Walker" and "Johnnie Walker Blue Label" are very different. I don't know anyone who drinks Blue Label who isn't so pretentious to make sure I know the label color at every swill.

For what it is worth, Gold label is just as good with a much lighter price tag.
    -wtk
  • InfinityDragonfly
    Options
    She likes shoes and purses? Gift cert to Nordstroms or some other high end department store.

Advice from a woman about your mom's age who also like shoes! You are a great daughter.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Both great ideas. They're actually going away this weekend to celebrate her birthday, my fiancé got them an awesome deal with the hotel.

And dang it, my mom's already got the Pandora bracelet, and we've all already got her charms lol - Christmas gifts.

Too funny - my mom just ran out of charm space, so now broski and I are screwed for the next holiday, haha.

You said she's an exercise fanatic - would something like a personal trainer be something she'd enjoy, if she doesn't already have one?
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Since you are chipping in a 100.00 a piece you can get her 3 or 4 smaller things instead of 1 big thing. Like a new purse, a bottle of wine, bubble bath, give certificate for a massage, perfume... etc..

my favorite purse online store is the coach outlet.. since you brought it up I think it is time to buy myself a new purse =)http://www.outletcoach-outlet.com/
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    "Johnnie Walker" and "Johnnie Walker Blue Label" are very different. I don't know anyone who drinks Blue Label who isn't so pretentious to make sure I know the label color at every swill.

For what it is worth, Gold label is just as good with a much lighter price tag.
    -wtk

My step dad has gotten like that. Whenever he brings scotch out you get the whole back story, how old it is, where it came from, blah, blah, blah... He didn't used to be that way but whatever, he's enjoying himself.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Since you are chipping in a 100.00 a piece you can get her 3 or 4 smaller things instead of 1 big thing. Like a new purse, a bottle of wine, bubble bath, give certificate for a massage, perfume... etc..

my favorite purse online store is the coach outlet.. since you brought it up I think it is time to buy myself a new purse =)http://www.outletcoach-outlet.com/

I LOVE THE ONLINE COACH OUTLET!! :heart:
    Got my Momma her 1st Coach purse for X-mas she was soo happy :love:
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options

i KNOW IT!!!! I told my boyfriend I wanted one for christmas and he about had a heart attack. Then I told him about the outlet store and he gave in lol. I love mine! It is soooo durable! But, I am itching to get a hot pink one lol!
  • CarbonCopy007
    Options
    I noticed, a while back, in another thread that you mentioned that your fiance is 45 or perhaps you said 54? Maybe he has some good ideas, after all he is your mother's age or close to that age?
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

i KNOW IT!!!! I told my boyfriend I wanted one for christmas and he about had a heart attack. Then I told him about the outlet store and he gave in lol. I love mine! It is soooo durable! But, I am itching to get a hot pink one lol!

The only way my boyfriend would get me one is a cheap knock-off in the Bahama's ..wait that was ME who bought that..his daddy did chip in 5 bucks tho and helped talk the vendor down LOL :laugh:
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've got no ideas but had to comment that gosh I'm feeling old if your mom is going to be 45. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I noticed, a while back, in another thread that you mentioned that your fiance is 45 or perhaps you said 54? Maybe he has some good ideas, after all he is your mother's age or close to that age?

He's 47, but his age really has no relevance to helping pick a gift for my mother. Him and my mother are polar opposites.