Gym, no me gusta.

Options
Anyone else hate going to the gym?

It's not that I do not liking working out. It's just that I don't like the gym. I am never comfortable there and I would much rather do my C25K routine or do an exercise DVD or something along those line.

I would LOVE to have a home gym but that requires $$$.

Replies

• _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    Not me, I love going to the gym. I actually think about my workouts before I go and picture lifting heavier weigh, its actually my "out" from life. I get to put on my headphones and forget the world exists. Just put back a little $ money here and there and buy used equipment off Craigslist or somewhere like that.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym...that's why I don't go!!

I do the majority of my workouts at home and take a few classes at a very specific "gym" 2-3 times a week. I don't have a "home gym" but I just buy what I need, when I need it in small increments.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against the gym... but I haven't stepped in a gym this whole weight loss journey and I manage. I just create my own workouts and complete them at home- in fact my profile pic is a picture of todays "Daily Challenge" for my friends and I to do today.... No equipment needed. If you don't like it don't go. Save the money you are spending monthly on the gym and put it away for a home gym.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would much rather be outside doing something active than stuck in the gym. Or, doing some free weights on my own. Maybe it's my ADD? I get really distracted people watching at the gym. lol
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    No seas baga! Learn to enjoy it. I hate running, but I pysce my brain every time I do it to love it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I much prefer the gym to working out at home. The atmosphere is motivating and I take guilty pleasure in lifting more than the skinny little teens that come bopping in in their jeans and sideways caps.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    I used to hate the gym, everything used to annoy me about it but the past few weeks i love it and cant not go, ive varied my workouts and now actually enjoy it for the first time...i can see my progression so its made it all worth while. :-) i had to give it time
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love the gym. I don't have the motivation to exercise at home. Ill put the wii fit on and then get bored and wander off. When its hot though, i much prefer running outside. :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love my rock climbing gym, but that's totally different.
    Pretty apathetic about normal gyms.
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the gym, but definitely prefer working out at home. For me, it eliminates the excuses "I don't have time to go over to the gym", or "my gym clothes fit me like a sausage casing."

I invested in a good recumbent stationary bike and a quality set of weights (the things I most commonly used at the gym), and I love being able to use that stuff at any time, regardless of schedule.
  • jessishear
    jessishear Posts: 2
    Options
    My huge this is having no motivation to go. My work just started a biggest loser challenge... and now I'm going every day. Find something that motivates you about the gym and realize that everybody is there with the same general goal in mind... to be a healhier version of themselves! :)
  • DisneySkaGirl
    DisneySkaGirl Posts: 161
    Options
    I love going to the gym! I live on an air force base and the gym is conveniently close to home and free for me, but I'm addicted and would pay a membership somewhere if I had to. Sometimes, I wish I had the equipment at home, just because I don't like waiting for certain things to be available, but I think for me, if I was at home, there would be far too many chores, too much internet, and too much netflix to keep me distracted, so being away from home is better.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Bueno me encanta el gym pero respeto tu opinion. No necesitas una membresia en un gym para mejorar tu cuerpo. The only advantage being in a gym is the variety of equipment but you can always do alternative workouts that will still challenge your body in the comfort of your own home.
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I mix it up! Meaning going to the gym and/or outdoor activity (cycling is my favorite). Also using different equipment can help with boredom at the gym. I also love to see the attire people wear to the gym (OMG!) :ohwell:
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    I always hated it, but I just rejoined one (mainly for shower privileges, as I had intended to bike to work) and am coming to love it. I go super early, and there's hardly anybody there, so I can get in, do my thing with the tv on MY station and then leave. I find myself looking forward to it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I used to be gymtimidated.

Now you have to tell me to stop going so much because my laundry is piling up, and the dishes, and my social obligations.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym! I live on an air force base and the gym is conveniently close to home and free for me, but I'm addicted and would pay a membership somewhere if I had to. Sometimes, I wish I had the equipment at home, just because I don't like waiting for certain things to be available, but I think for me, if I was at home, there would be far too many chores, too much internet, and too much netflix to keep me distracted, so being away from home is better.

If I lived on an Air Force base, I would probably love going to the gym, too. :wink: :laugh:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of gyms. I have never gone to one!!!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love my gym time! All day...everyday, my phone rings constantly...work, home life, everything. The gym is my escape! When I'm there my phone is on silent and in my bag. It's just me and my trainer lifting. On cardio days it's just me, but I will not answer my phone, or texts. It's almost theraputic for me :)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm too self-concious to enjoy the gym. I workout at home instead.