BodyRockers- equipment advice

Options
Hey guys! I'm on my fourth day of doing BodyRock workouts. I'm doing the 30-day challenge. I've fashioned myself a makeshift sandbag until I can get a real one and I'm able to adapt the rest of the workouts just fine. However, I want BodyRock to be my main muscle-building and toning workout plan, along with running, and I want to add in some of the equipment for more challenge. I'm on a super tight budget and wanted to get some opinion on what the best (or most important) piece would be to invest in first. Again, I'm on a budget so anything on the cheaper side (ie- not an equalizer) is doable. So, ugi ball? Sandbag (found one for $45 USD!)? Tell me, BodyRockers!

Replies

• whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have never heard of an ugi ball but just looked it up and I can see that being a good piece to invest in!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Whit, I'm definitely thinking of that. I found some really cheap ones, like $24-$30! Are you going to do the videos too?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have none of the equipments they use. I just modify or substitute the exercises or the equipments. Honestly, I think the ugi ball is overpriced for what it is. They typically use it as weight, which you can just sub with medicine ball, kettlebell, dumbbell or the sandbag, or for elevation, which can be subbed with step stools, chairs, etc. I would rather get a sandbag since it's much more versatile and can be used for more exercises.
  • cnhendrix
    cnhendrix Posts: 2
    Options
    For any of the sandbag or ugi ball exercises, I just use dumbells. I think a dip station would be the best equipment to splurge for because it is the hardest to supplement something else for. I too am on a very tight budget, so I went to the local Goodwill an bought a walker (the kind used by the elderly for walking assistance) for $5 and use that instead of the dip station. Best investment yet!!