Nervous about JPMC Corp Challenge tomorrow

Options
So I didn't train as much as I wanted to for a number of excuses/reasons. And now the corporate challenge (5k) is TOMORROW and I'm debating whether to go and possibly finish last again in our company (like I did in 2011) or just skip all together.

Last year I walked the entire route, but I think I could potentially jog at least half this year.

Thoughts? Advice?

Replies

• Sondras09
    Sondras09 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Better to do some than none :)
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's true. :)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    You will never know if you don't try...
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Don't skip it... You're doing this for you, right? Not for someone else. It's worth it in the long run...

And where is this challenge? We don't have that at my location...
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Moving is moving.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Def. try it! Jog/walk. You burn calories so it is a bonus for you!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it.

If you CAN jog some of it then great! If not... Then you realize that you should have put more effort into training, and you get back at it.

If you do plan on jogging some, and you don't feel confident in jogging the whole 5K, I suggest alternating 1 minute of jogging with 2 minutes of (brisk) walking until you finish. You'll prevent yourself from burning out.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Def. try it! Jog/walk. You burn calories so it is a bonus for you!
    :heart: those shoes!!!!!!
  • becon1022
    becon1022 Posts: 39
    Options
    you should do it. in the end no matter if you are last or not you did it and you did not give in to excuses. finishing a 5k is finishing 5k no matter if you ran or walked, was first or last, hell you just finish a 5k! i would feel 100% better saying i came in last than i just didnt do it because ?????
  • jen7eleven
    Options
    Don't skip it... You're doing this for you, right? Not for someone else. It's worth it in the long run...

And where is this challenge? We don't have that at my location...

The challenge is in Chicago tomorrow. Here's the link to view more details :)

http://www.jpmorganchasecc.com/events.php
  • jen7eleven
    Options
    Update: Someone new in our company came by my desk earlier to ask if I'd walk/jog with her since it will be her first 5K. I thought it was really sweet of her to ask and I couldn't say no.

Thank you all for the support. I'm going to go for it and just do my best. :-)
  • Gbelk1
    Gbelk1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey it's a 5K. Go and have fun. The exersize will be good for you and don't worry about where you finish. It is about you and your health not what others think.

Just have fun