Playoff beards

Options
2»

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Go Kings! Great game last night.
    Penner does have a sweet beard going. Looks like funny when the guys who have peach fuzz try to grow a beard.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love goatee's
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The Kings are playing better than anybody in hockey right now. But lets not forget they sucked their way into the playoffs. Without Quick, Penner and their [expletive deleted] Captain would never have made the playoffs. I can't wait to see next year's schedule. I'll be circling Brown's next visit to the desert.

They sucked their way into the playoffs? Maybe. But there is no question they are the best 8th seed in a long time. 12 and 2? I would say they PEAKED their way into the playoffs... Besides - you can get in the playoffs any way necessary. Season starts all over again once the playoffs do. I wouldn't waste too much ink on circling dates for when Brown comes back, I can guarantee the players on the Coyotes aren't looking forward to it. That dude is all grit, speed and hands. With the exception of about 4 and a half periods, you guys got smoked - sorry.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    The Kings are playing better than anybody in hockey right now. But lets not forget they sucked their way into the playoffs. Without Quick, Penner and their [expletive deleted] Captain would never have made the playoffs. I can't wait to see next year's schedule. I'll be circling Brown's next visit to the desert.

Raffi Torres says what?
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My hair stylist/barber gal accidentally trimmed my playoff beard before the NJ series. The Flyers lost in 5.

:explode:

?!?!?!?!?!?!? :angry: :mad: :explode:

Don't hate me. :sad:

Stop at the door and hand in your man card. *shakes head*
    The fact that you let "Hairstylist/barber gal" shave off your beard ... PATHETIC.

It was unintentional. I had a close cut and she went too far. :( I suck.
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't care about any of the sports crap, but I really want to take a ride on that beard

That is the best quote EVER! I shaved mine off when the Bruins lost.

Me, too! :laugh: Although, it was more like a chin hair. It's those darn hormones.
  • supatim
    Options
    My hair stylist/barber gal accidentally trimmed my playoff beard before the NJ series. The Flyers lost in 5.

The fact that you let "Hairstylist/barber gal" shave off your beard ... PATHETIC.

It was unintentional. I had a close cut and she went too far. :( I suck.

Alright bro - don't be so hard on yourself... Keep your card. *fistbump*
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I don't hate you :flowerforyou: Your stylist, on the other hand, is on my *kitten* list...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Is Peyton Manning even capable of growing a beard?
  • supatim
    Options

Peyton Manning doesn't need to be able to - he is not a member of an NHL playoff team. Next....
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Peyton Manning doesn't need to be able to - he is not a member of an NHL playoff team. Next....

Hey...my team is out...hockey is dead to me until October...
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options

Pretty much the same here. After game 5 I started counting down 'til October. I am keeping an eye on things though because I do have a certain fondness for the Flyers' west coast team (the Kings).
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I shaved my beard off once but now I think I just look funny without it. I started growing it for the playoffs last year but then just sort of kept it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Playoff beards are beautiful...love them!

And yeah NBA playoff beards? Absolutely noooo comparison to NHL beards.

I wish the Hawks were still in so we could get another Kane playoff mullet.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    My Rangers are going for that beard.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Pretty much the same here. After game 5 I started counting down 'til October. I am keeping an eye on things though because I do have a certain fondness for the Flyers' west coast team (the Kings).

If I had to pick...I would hop on the Kings bandwagon, too.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Cosign. No way I can root for NY/NJ.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Cosign. No way I can root for NY/NJ.

The ONLY way that would ever happen is if the Western Conference team in the finals was the Red Wings...I despise them more than any other team in hockey...
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It ain't a playoff beard until you can find a nest of opossums in it along with some food to support them and perhaps a weapon or two to keep them at bay when they come out at night while you sleep.

What I don't get is how the hell is Brodeur getting away with not having a beard? I could understand him not having one in his first playoff series when he was 19, but the dude is like 60 so he has to be able to grow one by now. :bigsmile:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    It ain't a playoff beard until you can find a nest of opossums in it along with some food to support them and perhaps a weapon or two to keep them at bay when they come out at night while you sleep.

What I don't get is how the hell is Brodeur getting away with not having a beard? I could understand him not having one in his first playoff series when he was 19, but the dude is like 60 so he has to be able to grow one by now. :bigsmile:

The hockey anti-Christ is incapable of growing a beard...